Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I plan to go for a few hours fishing today on the upper Stourinto dusk and wondered if anyone knows if the roach are switched on now the colour is dropping out and if a bread or maggot attack would be best to try?

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA) Guest

Mr Wintle....?

No but i saw him the other day fishing below haywards bridge. im another stick float devotee new to fishing magic.

4. Default

Oi, there's only one roach master around here[img]/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif[/img]

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one) Guest

Who's that?? [img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img]

6. Default

Mark Everard[img]/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif[/img]

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one) Guest

[img]/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif[/img]

i agree i have his book and every other from capt cambell to faddist perhaps i'll change my tag to roach mad eh? the fishing is off anyway im at shaftesbury and we have just had an inch of snow and thats melting so it will be another night dreaming of my first 2lb er o f this years campaign.

Thinking on my last post, i have changed my mind. i was taught the fine art of trotting the upper stour for roach as a boy 20 odd years ago. the great men that gave their time to show me the ropes were true Roach masters i know that between them in their combined 120 years as roach men they have ammassed over 1000 2s and have made some colosall bags of roach on the stour. Mark Everartd it is true is a great roach man but there are many unsung heroes and he is only thought of as 'THE ROACH MASTER' because he has wrote a book and sends a pic of every 2 he catches into the papers. I have great respect for the man but i beleive i know a few old timers that could fish the skin off him.They are also real 'Roach Masters'R

10. Default

Those Avon and Stour 2lb roachwere so easy to catch back then though.

It says so in the new 'Catching The Impossible' book.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast