Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Anyone fished horseshoe lake ?

Into my 3rd day and I've only had 1 bite from a small roach I've even moved swims can't even get a bite on maggots read such good things maybe it's tench hay days are over ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Default Re: Anyone fished horseshoe lake ?

Havent fished there for a long time but when the weather warms up summer bay was the place for Tench, have a walk round see what others have caught ask how they are catching some will tell you, its just a case of finding them unless they are spawning, well would you want a jam sandwich while that was on your mind?
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

Blog Entries

Is that the Carp Society's Horseshoe lake?

Given the problems that they are currently embattled with then personally I'd not bother fishing there until those have been solved.

Regardless, you might find that the fish there are currently more intent on procreation rather than feeding and being caught?

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jacobs View Post
    Is that the Carp Society's Horseshoe lake?

Given the problems that they are currently embattled with then personally I'd not bother fishing there until those have been solved.

Regardless, you might find that the fish there are currently more intent on procreation rather than feeding and being caught?
    Peter, the current mutterings are that things have taken a turn for the better. The CS board has been revamped with several new (old) members. Reputed legal proceedings against some former board members.

As for the lake, I heard that the very recent Tenchfishers meet on Horseshoe resulted in a rather dismal six fish banked.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    The CS board has been revamped with several new (old) members. Reputed legal proceedings against some former board members.
    Indeed, and there are apparently all sorts of law suits being enabled as we speak.

I have seen on FB some comments this last week and it seems that the "old guard" have been booted out . . . . . . and accusations being made about the finances of the club as well as the proposed sale of the major asset, being Horseshoe Lake . . . .

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Everyone seems to be in same boat no one catching

---------- Post added at 12:52 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

Would expect to be able to catch a few roach if nothing else feels devoid of fish weird

---------- Post added at 14:26 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

Yes Peter carp society's horseshoe lake

Well I eventually hook what I think was a big tench on my carp rod when my 15lb line parted company for no apparent reason not a happy bunny