Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rugby Tackle

I ordered a box from Rugby Tackle last Monday week, never came last Thursday like they said it would, deliver beginning of next week they said.  Rang Tuesday, we will deliver Thursday.  Now they aren't answering phone and by the looks of the website they have shut.

B+st+rds.

Fortunately I had the good sense to order on credit card and having rung them today they assure me I will have a full refund.

They still took money knowing they were going bust and still mislead me.

B+st+rds.

B+st+rds.

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

Rugby Tackle is one of my local shops. I ordered some rods and reels a few months ago, I got two rods and reels one month and ordered another two the same for the month after. They didnt have the reels in the shop (knowing full well that I wanted matching stuff) Bubbles did however ring round to try and get me one. I shall pay them a visit this weekend, if they have gone bust, presumably it is because of the Credit Crunch.

What annoys me about this kind of scenario is that the shops will continue to take money and orders knowing full well they will not be delivering the goods. Of course it's not restricted to tackle shops - furniture and upholstery shops are frequently the villains of the piece in this respect.

If the pundits are to be believed, there will be many, many more local shops closing down in the near future. What is certain, however, is that those with customer loyalty will stand a better chance of survival that themavericks who provide nothing more than a catalogue and vague promises.

We need to support our (good) local tackle shops during these difficult times. Note I said 'good' - the cowboys can go to hell.

..............isn't it a shame they can't catch KHV.

Graham, was it you I saw doing some busking outside the shop and did you make enough to cover your losses.

Seriously though, isn't it the credit card company that you have to approach in order to get your money back in a situation like this?

Sorry, just re-read your post and I presume it was the card Co you rang.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Could have been me, was it a Saturday? Only got 9p, a foreign coin and a couple of mouldy oranges, times are hard.

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

Well thats the credit crunch for you Graham.

My eldest son was caught up in the XL travel firm that went bust recently, he paid by debit card, so no chance of getting his money back. The guys at the top must know they are going belly up but have no conscience as far as their customers are concerned. Mercenary b*stards the lot of them.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Cakey Guest

just for you Graham

I thought i read somewhere (anglers mail???) they are closed for a complete refurbishment and they are selling off alot of current stock cheaply.

I thought you were a banks & burr man trev ???

Banks & Burr everytime for me.

Both shops are local, too many questioning oppinons on Rugby Tackle in the past stopped me changing.
    PaSC

I like to keep my options open lol. I was talking to Carlton today and he said that they arnt going bust as far as hes aware. Probably just a stock clearance exercise, Ill pop in tomorrow and see whats occuring.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast