Surface fishing

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I fished a local pond last night and as I was setting up I watched a bloke fishing bread on the surface

Hearst out a piece of bread to the middle of the pond then proceeded to throw about a dozen bits of bread all over the two swims either side of his

Naturally the carp took the free bread and not his bait

All he did was spread the carp all over the water , whilst he still cast to the same spot

I'm amazed that with today's easy access to " how to guides" on YouTube that some anglers have no idea about certain aspects of fishing

I did think of offering a bit of advice but since his swim was covered in lager tins I thought I'd leave him to his fishing

mikench

Reaction score
Wisdom in the landed gentry is a rare commodity! Using my tackle sober is hard enough, if I was under the influence heaven forbid!

crystalballs

Reaction score
it's goons like him that cause the fisheries to ban floating baits and bread in some cases.

john step

Reaction score
Wisdom in the landed gentry is a rare commodity! Using my tackle sober is hard enough, if I was under the influence heaven forbid!

There is a clip somewhere on youtube of a p!ssed up carper trying to spod some feed out to the merriment of the cameraman.

thecrow

Reaction score
A good reason for a complete ban on floating baits.

Why should everyone suffer for the actions of an idiot like this? surely better to sort him out.

Its the difference between a Carp angler and someone that fishes for Carp, the difference is in some cases massive.

Keith M

Reaction score

I'm with Crow here; why spoil it for the majority of good anglers. I can see why banning surface baits could be an option on some commies and more crowded venues; which often seem to attract these types of dummies; but only as a last resort surely.

Keith

rayner

Reaction score
Any methods that adversely effects other anglers in order that one bloke MIGHT catch a fish needs to be stopped.
If someone has no clue how to conduct themselves in a decent manner be that using a specific bait or method they should be thrown off any venue.
How long do we have to put up with idiots, now is the time to take control.
If these fools are to be stopped we should make our claim to fishery/riparian owners to stop them.
Whatever happened to sitting quiet and feeding carefully.
There are far too many that have a total disregard for fellow anglers.
It's just not good enough to say someone is inexperienced a stand needs to be taken.

ciprinus

Reaction score

as a carp angler and fond of the occasional floating crust i would welcome the ban on all moaning match type fishermen who get all uptight about me balling in freebies too :wh

---------- Post added at 02:31 ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 ----------

Any methods that adversely effects other anglers in order that one bloke MIGHT catch a fish needs to be stopped.
If someone has no clue how to conduct themselves in a decent manner be that using a specific bait or method they should be thrown off any venue.
How long do we have to put up with idiots, now is the time to take control.
If these fools are to be stopped we should make our claim to fishery/riparian owners to stop them.
Whatever happened to sitting quiet and feeding carefully.
There are far too many that have a total disregard for fellow anglers.
It's just not good enough to say someone is inexperienced a stand needs to be taken.

why not just blanket ban fishing with any kind of bait? we could all just sit on our hands then and enjoy the peace and quiet of the lake :D

oh oh! and if anyone dare even sneeze we could hang them from the lampposts,,, YAY!!

damn rayner, just how old and crankey are you?

greenie62

Reaction score
.....damn rayner, just how old and crankey are you?

Now - now Ciprinus,
Rayner doesn't have to be old and 'crankey' - he might just be one or the other! :D

It's a bit like stereo-typing all Carp anglers as being beer-swilling, spliff-smoking, freeby-chucking and noisy beggars! :D

Play nicely - or you may wake-up the Mods! :eek:mg:

rayner

Reaction score
as a carp angler and fond of the occasional floating crust i would welcome the ban on all moaning match type fishermen who get all uptight about me balling in freebies too :wh

---------- Post added at 02:31 ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 ----------

why not just blanket ban fishing with any kind of bait? we could all just sit on our hands then and enjoy the peace and quiet of the lake :D

oh oh! and if anyone dare even sneeze we could hang them from the lampposts,,, YAY!!

damn rayner, just how old and crankey are you?

I really must say before this goes any further I am in no category in angling I fish alone. I certainly would not fit into the match fraternity.
Ban on moaning would be a good idea, I'm with you.
You are just being a pudding ciprinus, ban on fishing ha ha ha with any kind of bait, sat on our hands ha ha ha. Very jovial.
As for anglers sneezing they should be asked to leave fisheries, I see no difference between a cold or any other airborne disease. If ailments are airborne anglers should stay home. Another good idea, I like your style.
Hanging could be a little excessive but it may well persuade the infected to stay away. We need to be fishery guardians, I agree.
I would never have come up with your ideas cipri but I am sold. Will you be starting a movement or publication, I will certainly join or subscribe.
I'm sure a forward thinking angler as your good self should will have many more innovative ideas regarding keeping fishing for fishermen and to dissuade the loonier element from wetting line.
You have gone up ten fold in my estimation cipri well done sir.

BY the way cipri I don't consider myself old or cranky, just a bit wobbly.