Mahseer clip

Reaction score
Nice footage Bob,

I'm back out in India in March, and that has got me right excited! Think I'll be sorting mahseer kit out tonight!

Is that the suspension bridge at Rishikesh behind you?

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
No, it's the second bridge up from the temple pool at Pancheshwar on the Saryu River. Bit of a walk, mind.

Speak to Stu if you want inspiration. I'm all mahseered out...

But it's nice to share the footage, eh?

We're considering making a proper one-hour film from the footage we shot onthe trip and including it as a bonus DVD with a future Days and Ways DVD, just adding, say, £2 to the price to cover costs.

What do you think? Mahseer might not be everyone's cup of tea but these trips are epic adventures, even to a non-angler.

P

Paul Harrison

I think a DVD would be an excellent idea.

Can you recommend a company that deals with Mahseer Trips at all?

I hoping to go in the next couple of years

thanks paul

Gary Newman

Reaction score
Nice footage Bob, I reckon a DVD would be a great idea, don't think one has been done for a few years other than Jungle Hooks, certainly not by UK anglers.

I'm off to the Cauvery at the start of ecember so just starting to get my gear together, can't wait to get back out there.

That area of the Kali is on my list of places to visit, an Indian angler i know has a fishing camp up that way.

Nice to see there are still fish there as had heard of a lot of problems with poachers in the last few years.

P

Paul Harrison

****y have PM'ed you /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Paul

Click on to Misty Dillon's site www.himalayanoutback.comand you'll find lots of information. They certainly provide an excellent service.

Gary

I'm sure Stu will be keen if he can find the time. We've enough footage to make the directors cut/ boxed set/ limited editon, the lot. And it's fascinating stuff in the main. I'm guessing it'll be well received if it's packaged in with a barbel DVD as a bonus disk for an extra couple of quid but it won't stand alone because most folk fish for carp or barbel these days, not mahseer.

Good luck on the Cauvery. Don't envy you trying to find a comfortable rock to sit on, mind. Where abouts are you going?

Gary Newman

Reaction score
Cheers Bob,
I'm up at Bheemeshwari, the middle camp, so mainly fishing from coracles at that time of year.
I'm taking a group of people out there for 10 days and then have 18 days for my own fishing, so hopefully might hook a monster, had them to 52 lb last year. It still does the odd real big one (fish to 103 lb last year from the stretch) but really anything over 30 lb is a good fish these days.
I'm intending to get back up to the north next year if i get a chance. I love fishing the Ramganga so will probably go back there for a week but fancy trying either the Kali or maybe having another go on the Ganges.

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
If you intendfishing the Kali just contact Stu and me, we'll share what we know, no problems.

Gary Newman

Reaction score
Cheers Bob, same goes for you and Stu if you ever venture further south or across to the Ramganga.
One of my Indian contacts does quite a bit of guiding on the Kali, a guy called Vinay Badola who helped make Jungle Hooks, and from what he has told me it sounds a very interesting river to fish.
I also want to catch a goonch catfish but have never got around to fishing for them properly as have always been sidetracked by the mahseer.

Reaction score
nice one on the Mahseer this (Sunday 09/11//08) morning on the "Dave" channel by Charles Ainsley-Wilson; it was somewhat similar in content to the piece on TV produced by John Bailey and Paul Boote seemingly aeons ago.

blankety blank

Reaction score
It might have been aeons ago, but i can remember being sat in front of the the telly at uni and sobbing at the beauty and wonder of the places where those blokes were fishing, and swearing a dreadful oath to myself that one day I would go there myself.

Still not gone, and now would struggle to pay for a family holiday to Butlins. The dream's still there though. But are the mahsheer?