Violence and threatening behaviour on the bank

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
On another site I belong to a young guy who used to post here too recounted his experiences of a trip to the Bristol Avon. He was approached out of the blue by two individuals who picked on him and one started to jump up and down on his gear. He tried to passively oppose them and after a lengthy stand off they left, leaving him really none the wiser as to why they had started on him. Just out for trouble I would guess. He probably did the right thing for him but I know that wouldn't have been my response.

There's no "Chavs" left now Ray :D

Seriously, I was once confident anyone I couldn't deal with I could outrun, that ain't happening now :wh Last resort is a large screw in brolly pole

sam vimes

Reaction score
The only hints of real grief I've seen have been between anglers on busy commercials. They've usually revolved around a distinct lack of etiquette. Casting into swims other than their own, noise, excessive swearing etc etc.
Other than that, I've had the odd encounter with lippy kids, if I've been unwise enough to fish a stretch of river, a bit too near to town, on a nice, sunny, summer's day.

I've certainly heard of some rather nasty encounters locally, thefts, assaults etc etc. However, I avoid all of the places that such things have happened or where I think they are likely to happen. There are a couple of decent syndicates locally that I wouldn't touch with a bargepole. Both are tempting, because they are both pretty good. I could have got in on either before any incidents occurred, but I shied away. I knew that both had the potential for unsavoury incidents. Sadly, I've been proved right.