What's happened to the Timsbury Manor website?

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Does anyone know if coarse fishing is still allowed through the winter at Timsbury Manor?

I can't find the old website - only a new one. From what I remember this is the same url and there's no mention of coarse angling or day tickets. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

http://www.timsburyfishery.co.uk/default.asp

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Wowee! £120 per day to fish a river, now that is serious one upmanship. There are exclusive salmon stretches in Scotland that charge less than that.

Had a bit of luck on the lottery have you Matt? /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

R

Richard Drayson

Graham, the coarse fishing is £18.00 for a day at Timsbury. The trout and salmon fishing is much more expensive. There's a saying about the water of the Test being 'As clear as gin but twice as expensive!'

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
That isn't too bad I suppose and I have paid something like that to fish the Kennet and Itchen fish-ins, great looking places but far too many trout hahaha! Have you fished it Richard and what is your opinion of that particular place?

R

Richard Drayson

Yes I've fished at Timsbury on a couple of occasions. Fabulous piece of river, peaceful and tranquil surroundings, Plenty of fish too with the inevitable trout, grayling, chub, dace, roach... all to specimen size. Quite popular so I think it tends to get a bit of a hammering at weekends. Andy the bailiff is very helpful

I've booked a day there at the end of the month.