Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Does anyone know if coarse fishing is still allowed through the winter at Timsbury Manor?

I can't find the old website - only a new one. From what I remember this is the same url and there's no mention of coarse angling or day tickets. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

http://www.timsburyfishery.co.uk/default.asp

Richard Drayson Guest

Wowee! £120 per day to fish a river, now that is serious one upmanship. There are exclusive salmon stretches in Scotland that charge less than that.

Had a bit of luck on the lottery have you Matt? [img]/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif[/img]

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

Richard Drayson Guest

Graham, the coarse fishing is £18.00 for a day at Timsbury. The trout and salmon fishing is much more expensive. There's a saying about the water of the Test being 'As clear as gin but twice as expensive!'

That isn't too bad I suppose and I have paid something like that to fish the Kennet and Itchen fish-ins, great looking places but far too many trout hahaha! Have you fished it Richard and what is your opinion of that particular place?

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

Tony Rocca Guest

I have fished it Graham, its a nice bit of river.

Richard Drayson Guest

Yes I've fished at Timsbury on a couple of occasions. Fabulous piece of river, peaceful and tranquil surroundings, Plenty of fish too with the inevitable trout, grayling, chub, dace, roach... all to specimen size. Quite popular so I think it tends to get a bit of a hammering at weekends. Andy the bailiff is very helpful

I've booked a day there at the end of the month.

Thanks Richard.