still to do

Keith M

Reaction score
I have two things that I've never done so far:

The first is catching a Zander; I havent yet caught a single one.

The second thing I would like to achieve is catching a Barbel with fresh snow on the ground or even better amongst falling snow. I have caught lots of winter barbel but it's always been during settled periods when the air pressures and temperatures have been steady for a few days, or the air pressures have been steadily falling and the temperatures were slowly rising.

Keith

Last edited:

seth49

Reaction score
A two pound roach, and a twenty pound carp for a start, plus quite a few more if I give it some thought.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Go an entire session without breaking anything :eek:mg:

Erm, I think the OP was asking about things that there was a realistic chance of happening . . . . .

I have actively fished for well over 50 years and have achieved most if not all of my angling ambitions.

The only remaining one involves: a large bivvy and bedchair, a long holiday 3 day weekend and . . . . . . .

Natalie Portman . . . . . .

Last edited:

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Find a venue within a 30 minute drive that challenges me and rewards me in equal measure, where crucians, tench, immense roach and rudd, occasional pretty carp (nothing bigger than about 12 pounds please) swim fin by fin in perfect harmony, where crayfish only exist in sandwiches, where the bank side cover and trees are revered as the reason that the fish flourish (as opposed to being considered a menace to fishing effectively) and where no-one has ever spent the whole night fishing.

Mmm, think it's going to be a long wait!

flightliner

Reaction score
Done the twenty pound carp in the snow mi lud, with a raging flooded river Trent in the backgound.
A truly massive gudgeon would be nice !.

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Double figure Zander from the Lea !!

And a 4lb + Perch on the Cane ?

Bob

robtherake

Reaction score
Done the twenty pound carp in the snow mi lud, with a raging flooded river Trent in the backgound.
A truly massive gudgeon would be nice !.

I know just the place, but it's a long drive from your gaff, Mick. Tis a very deep little pond in North Yorkshire (that I happened on by accident) where the gobies are truly enormous.;) Not been there for a long while - maybe I should pay a visit just for the hell of it.:)

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

Found the venue for me - just need to stop the big redfins rolling off the bloody hook*.

* Barbless as per rule book.:rolleyes:

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
I think it was a 3 a day weekend with Mrs Porter being refered to by Peter.

Peace and harmony on the bank. And a 3lb roach. And a 10lb tench. And a 5lb perch.

Not much to ask really.........

Last edited: