My new son

W

Wolfman Woody

Well done the pair of you and welcome to the world young 'un.

But where did you get the name Zander from? Well, it's obvious I know.

He's going to grow up just like the man whose dad called him Sue - tough. He'll need it.

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Morespiders

Reaction score
Congratulations Mr, Mrs Douglie,

Surely, you haven't called him Zander, tell me your fibbing

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Morespiders(ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Surely, you haven't called him Zander, tell me your fibbing</blockquote>Sound name, Spiders! We have one who's played for Heaton Moor RUFC for a few years. Flying fullback/winger.

G

Geoff Cowen

Congratulations to you both!!! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Morespiders(ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Congratulations Mr, Mrs Douglie,

Surely, you haven't called him Zander, tell me your fibbing</blockquote>

The boy's name Zander \z(a)-nder, zan-der\ is pronounced ZAN-der. It is of Slavic origin. Short form of Alexander. Also a German Yiddish name. See also Sandy.

Zander has 4 variant forms: Zan, Zandro, Zandros and Zann.

For more information, see also the related name Sander.

Baby names that sound like Zander are Xander, Saunder, Sandor, Sandero, Sender and Sanders.

DZ

Reaction score
Thanks Fellas

No joking spiders- He IS called Zander

Woody has it about right- he might need to be tough in the playground but he'll survive. I did.

Zander's grandfather is christened Zog so he's not the first ZZ.

I am now off out the front of house to try and catch a few zeds in hounour of the boy- the severn is nice and coloured which means I might just wangle one out in daylight.

DZ

Reaction score
Corkey - I like it- thanks mate

DZ

Reaction score
Its German - we came over in the 16th century as cotton traders (apparantly)

F

Fred Bonney

Didn't realise Fran was that old/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Congratulations to you and your wife Dougal, I'd be more than happy witha Chevin of that weight.

I hope you have better luck than I had in trying to get my son interested in fishing...his mothers influence I think.

Risque Manoofus

Reaction score
Congratulations to you both Dougal. I must admit I thought it was a wind up when I saw the name Zander. I hope he never meets my little boy "Gudgeon"./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

DZ

Reaction score
Thank you Thank you

I'll try and get him into fishing but its not the end of the world if he aint 'got the bug'. It might be his 2 year old sister who 'takes to the angle'.

We'll see- but one thing I'm sure of- he wont be barbel or carp fishing until he's put in hours and hours of searching in babbling brooks for stone loach and netted handsome sticklebacks and trapped minnows in a jar with a hole in the lid and all those little things that might lead to him one day holding a rod. (not one of mine though - he's not allowed near my tackle shed until he's 40!)

B

Bully

Nice one Dougal - although I think you should have gone for Zebedee.....