Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do you have a favourite.

I'm thinking here of contributions to FM. Obviously your choice will be influenced by your particular style of fishing/experience, or just a thirst for knowledge.

This is ''not'' an attempt at creating a league table, heaven forbid, but simply curiosity on my part. Since my main interest is predator fishing (lures), then it will come as no surprise that I gravitate to predator related thread's or post's. Which seem to be in the doldrums in recent years. But what about you?

Default Re: Do you have a favourite.

I always find the general fishing and coarse fishing sections to be more or less the same so use the new posts/today's posts tab a lot, often I won't look to see what section they are in at all

I find if you scroll down through the main page there's a lot of different thread sections but some don't get many posts at all which is a shame. Variety is the spice of life for me and I find it just as enjoyable reading about stuff I don't do.

The bait box is always good for some laughs and although there can be disagreements most arguments are good debates on the whole and stop short of name calling, which we deserve some credit for as many mainstream sites can't claim this.

So yeah I like em all

Quote Originally Posted by theartist View Post
    I always find the general fishing and coarse fishing sections to be more or less the same so use the new posts/today's posts tab a lot, often I won't look to see what section they are in at all
    I do the same, just check out todays posts and it covers any new topics or replys.

Blog Entries

I do the same as tigger and theartist and select 'New Posts' or 'Today's Posts' to see new posts rather than filter by specific individual subjects.

Keith.
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Ditto. The posts I enjoy the most, though, are nostalgic reminiscences from our older members - tales that are quite often taken up by other anglers who share those particular memories, painting vivid pictures of times past which appear nowhere else.
    "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Ditto to all of the above. I just enjoy having the occasional post on a wide range of fishing activities but tend to keep to the general or course fishing tabs and the bait box for the odd joke. If i see a post which interests me or which enables me to contribute i will do so.

I still have an awful lot to learn and to put into practice but that is all part of the fun. I also feel that most if not all of the regular contributors on here are decent sorts who will always try to help and inform. I would go so far as to say the standard of behaviour, grammer, content and bonhomie is vastly superior to other bulletin boards i have experienced and is no doubt a tribute to the moderators.

I just need some more skill!

Because most of my fishing is now done with Lures I look for anything about that style of fishing. Other than that a quick look at any new post that might interest me.

My vote is for todays posts as well as jokes. I like to respond to newbies to welcome them as I feel it will encourage participation and not the grab and go attitude of some that register just to ask something then disappear contributing nothing.

My vote goes to you Derek, as without your input especially regards starting new threads, this forum would be a much quieter and poorer site.

Blog Entries

I tend to go to "todays post" like others do, once in a while I come across a thread thats been going for a while that I,ve missed but its pretty rare.
    I enjoy all forms of angling , every which way it comes so I reckon they're all favourites by definition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast