Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Korum meat screws for cheese paste?

Title say it all basically, think it could be a better way then straight on the hook as you can and do miss bites by the hook not pulling through the paste. Could always make softer paste and save a few bob but nowt wrong with more tackle.

What do you guys think?

The items in question:Meat Screws | Korum | Korum: Fishing Made Easy
    Current target: 5lb Chub

Default Re: Korum meat screws for cheese paste?

I've had success using a screw for cheesepaste. I've been making my own using some industrial springs bought off Ebay for pennies.

However, I recently lost a fish, the line parted company at the hook, it's left me rather concerned about a metal screw type object ending up in the gut of the fish which I can only imagine will do it no good at all. I like using a hair rig for cheesepaste so for the time being I've ditched the screw idea and wrapping the paste around a pellet.

I'd be interested on thoughts about this too.

have you seen terry hearn's floater cake wrapped in cheese paste method ?

try the korum paste cages

I don't believe I have Matt, will have to check it out mate.

Thanks Chris, didn't realise they made them. Guess that's more tackle I'll have to buy now. Not that I'm complaining.

You could try Korum paste spring or hair rig a small pellet or imitation sweet corn and wrap the paste around them

I now use these for virtually all my river Carp fishing with hard baits. Mounted on a small "D" loop on the back of the hook it virtually (-totally-) eliminates the problem of the bait being able to turn over the hook point and of course keeps the hook proud of the bait. These are maybe a little short & narrow for Cheese paste unless its rock hard..but in principle thats how I would fish it.

It also ensures a very short hook/bait separtion which when Chub are the target is probably a good thing. Using long hairs for Chub is not a good idea in my opinion as they often mouth a bait on the edge of their lips.

Last edited by Philip; 22-01-2017 at 09:15.

Quote Originally Posted by chevin1 View Post
    I don't believe I have Matt, will have to check it out mate.

Thanks Chris, didn't realise they made them. Guess that's more tackle I'll have to buy now. Not that I'm complaining.
    Don't do it you will never stop buying tackle but it is fun

Too late Mike, already done it!

There's so many methods to try, guess I'm going to have a fun few week trying them all out. I especially like the screw idea if it sits bang on next to the hook.

Thanks everyone

My vote goes for the Korum bait cages. Two sizes but keep the hair short to stop the cage flipping over the hook.
    I used to use the Enterprise round bait cages but the Korum ones are far easier to load.
    The other thing to use is a plastic corn or two on a hair wrapped in paste. When the paste dissolves off you still have bait on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast