Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stalking

Default Stalking

Who does any stalking on here ?

Did try it last summer but was unsuccessful , used link leger method on an Avon rod . But I think traditional float method would be better for indication .

What best way to travel from swim to swim without having to adjust the depth of float , arriving at a swim you don't want to make unnecessary disturbance .

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Stalking

I spend many of the warmer months on the local rivers and streams stalking fish in the clear water - usually tempting them with a free lined bait...........
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Ah yes free lined bait on rivers , worms flicked out and bounced along with bail arm open keeping tension I guess ?

Should explained myself better , stalking on still waters lucky to have loads of gravel pits near me .

I think my neighbor is stalking me as she's been googling my name on her computer. I saw it through my telescope last night.

Free winning where you can ,and if you need a bit of weight bit of putty or plasticine.

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

free lining

On gravel pits and still waters would be thinking using pellets or simular so that's why thinking float tactics

Quote Originally Posted by associatedmatt View Post
    Should explained myself better , stalking on still waters lucky to have loads of gravel pits near me .
    For my first 66 years I was fortunate to be surrounded by some of the most famous gravel pits in the country (the Colne valley pits), and I still have some great, unspoiled pits close by now, but for the sheer buzz from stalking it would always be a river/stream more often than not......
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Got 2 possible rivers to fish Thames at lechlade to tadpole bridge area or the bristol Avon Chippenham stretch get quite a long section . The Thames you do get slot of boat traffic though and it a bigger river

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 13:02 ----------

What's you stalking technique barbelboi ?

binka Guest

If you're fishing in and around the margins the not moving the float thing is going to be tricky unless all the swims are the same depth.

I think I would be inclined to go with something like a matchstick on two float rubbers, set to sit flat and slightly deeper than the deepest swim and then just tighten the line up in the shallower swims to take out the slack.

I tend to find with hair rigged pellets of a decent size, say 10mm upwards, that the fish bolt on feeling the hook anyway and any float indication is after the hook has done its job.

That's the only thing margins and close in fishing swims going to vary in depth , I just thought what about a lock slide float ? Never used one either . How would your idea work binka ?? I'm thinking if the rubbers are tight on float and line that you would have the float on surface with extra line laying about?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast