Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default This year I'm ....

Just a thought I was thinking to myself what my fishing goals are for this year does any other think what there goals are ?

Il start it off by saying ...

I need to do more float fishing and master up in the water float fishing more along with river fishing in general

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Default Re: This year I'm ....

don't set any specific targets nowadays although I used to, now it's just to get out when I can catch what comes along, fish with friends, learn some more as we never stop doing that.
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

As new to the sport it's a steep learning curve on most things but there so many tactics to get grips with . Carp camping is not for me though !

Quote Originally Posted by associatedmatt View Post
    As new to the sport it's a steep learning curve on most things but there so many tactics to get grips with . Carp camping is not for me though !

Take it easy. You will never get to do it all to max. efficiency. Just enjoy the ride.

I'm not trying to do it to match standards just catch fish well . I prefer to waggler fish close in personally

Try too put into practice ,all that I've learnt, from the waters i fish.

I like the way you have talked about techniques rather than weights of fish as a goal, I think that is a better way to fish. Big fish are not in every water but if you understand why you are doing something, then if the "biggies" are in front of you the chances of catching them have increased.

Absolutely. It's a waste of time, money and petrol to go tearing round distant venues until you've built a repertoire of techniques; if you can find a big river, a small river, a gravel pit and a pond to practice on, within easy reach of home, a year or several trying out every method you can read about will pay off in the future. And quite likely sooner.

However, if you find some thing that really works (probably because you're offering the fish something they haven't seen before, or the same old bait in a different way) then take a break from autodidactism and ride that wave; fish are neither immortal nor glued to one spot, so make the most of them, and move on when they move off.

I'm going to fish this year (again) for roach, are there other species .....
    Last edited by peterjg; 09-02-2017 at 07:41.

I have done a lot of method feeder work on a local club lake and works well on commercials but waggler close in didn't seem to work too well think it's most patrol the far island . But yes want to be competent at a few methods then start going for specimens

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast