Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7

Default Neoprene gloves recommendation

My son is looking for a pair of Neoprene gloves. I can't recommend him any as i don't wear gloves. He's after the one's where he can fold back the Thumb and fingers. Any recommendations.

Default Re: Neoprene gloves recommendation

Got a pair of Snowbee neoprenes, but they're not the foldback type, instead having a cut-down thumb and finger. My only beef is that they aren't waterproof.
    "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

I think they're all expensive (for what they are) shyte but out of the ones i've had the Ron Thompsons have been best.

Quote Originally Posted by iain t View Post
    My son is looking for a pair of Neoprene gloves. I can't recommend him any as i don't wear gloves. He's after the one's where he can fold back the Thumb and fingers. Any recommendations.
    Aldi might still have some in from their last sale - they had the fingerless as well as the fold-back opposable thumb type - reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by greenie62 View Post
    Aldi might still have some in from their last sale - they had the fingerless as well as the fold-back opposable thumb type - reasonable price.
    Whilst most of the Aldi gear is quite good i have a pair of their recent Neoprene gloves with the fold down thumb and fingers and dont find them too good they get cold very quickley and do not warm up quickley and are not all that waterproof .

So still looking and trying here so pockets still win hands down even better if i had a pair of zipo hand warmers may be the net big purchase .

PG ...
    Theres no dark side of the moon really as a matter of fact its all dark

have you thought of tracker mitts, Binka recommended them a couple of months ago,i bought a pair from Amazon £14, they are the dogs dangly bits, really warm.

Quote Originally Posted by stripey View Post
    have you thought of tracker mitts, Binka recommended them a couple of months ago,i bought a pair from Amazon £14, they are the dogs dangly bits, really warm.
    Sounds like the answer and if your hands are still cold, forget the pockets and cup your dangly bits they are usually warm

I told my son about the Mitts and he replied the last time he wore mitts was when he was at junior school with bits of string around his neck and down his arms. He insisted he wants gloves with the fold back fingers. Bloody kids

Ian

I've got a pair of the aldi neoprene gloves, fold back fingertips that I don't like or want. I've only worn them once for 5 minutes.

Pm me if you want them for the price of postage

Dave