Tri-Cast

sam vimes

Reaction score
Gents, Hardy/Greys/Chub is not the independent company it once was. A few years back it was bought out and now comes under the Pure Fishing banner, along with quite a few other big brands.

The lifetime guarantee was never quite as it appeared. Unless there were extenuating circumstances, or you were still in the first year of ownership, you always had to pay an "admin fee" to get your spares. If you got away without paying the admin fee, count yourself lucky. The difference back then was that Hardy and, to a lesser extent, Greys kept huge stocks of spares even when the product was discontinued. Sadly, this old fashioned and huge expensive way of operating was at least part of the reason for their demise.

If you want parts to be available for a rod much older than three years these days, you'd best pay the premium for the likes of Tri-Cast or Harrison. You aren't very likely to get it from any of the more mainstream brands. Your best hopes in the more mainstream brands lie with the likes of Drennan, Shimano and Daiwa.

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Sam, i'll echo what you've said there about Daiwa... I've had to replace a couple of daiwa rod sections, broken through my own clumsiness... and whilst I've always had to pay for the sections in question, the service - in terms of speed of response, price for the replacement item and speed of delivery - has always been excellent. And both times this happened, the rod in question was not in the current line up of products.

(Service centre based in Scotland, if memory serves....)