Tri-Cast

sam vimes

Reaction score
I contacted Tri-Cast via their website on Sunday night. I was enquiring as to whether I could buy a replacement rod bag for a 13' Allerton. The response arrived first thing Monday morning from a fella called Steve Hopkinson. It simply said "If you let me have your full postal address we can send you one."

The rod bag duly arrived this morning at no cost to me. I was more than willing to pay and hadn't expected to get one for free. For this reason, I can only thank Steve and Tri-Cast for their help and generosity.

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

By the way, for those of you that have never even seen a Tri-Cast rod, or those that have never found a stockist, have a look on the website. I found a few local stockists where I'd never even seen any Tri-Cast kit. I had no idea they were considered to be Tri-Cast stockists.

Couple that with Tri-Cast's offer to send rods to stockists for customers to have a no obligation look, and there's less of an excuse for ignoring the brand completely or writing them off as a purely northern thing.

Tri-Cast Fishing - Stockists

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's a refreshing change from money grabbing firms!

Was the bag for the 13ft spliced jobby Chris, I thought the bag didn't look like the correct one?

mikench

Reaction score
.........and why they are still in business! I inherited two old Tricast rods but doubt I will use them!

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
I contacted Tri-Cast via their website on Sunday night. I was enquiring as to whether I could buy a replacement rod bag for a 13' Allerton. The response arrived first thing Monday morning from a fella called Steve Hopkinson. It simply said "If you let me have your full postal address we can send you one."

The rod bag duly arrived this morning at no cost to me. I was more than willing to pay and hadn't expected to get one for free. For this reason, I can only thank Steve and Tri-Cast for their help and generosity.

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

By the way, for those of you that have never even seen a Tri-Cast rod, or those that have never found a stockist, have a look on the website. I found a few local stockists where I'd never even seen any Tri-Cast kit. I had no idea they were considered to be Tri-Cast stockists.

Couple that with Tri-Cast's offer to send rods to stockists for customers to have a no obligation look, and there's less of an excuse for ignoring the brand completely or writing them off as a purely northern thing.

Tri-Cast Fishing - Stockists

Nice one Sam, I do like Tri-Cast rods and there after sales and customer care is normally second to none,

Also replied to yer same post on Talk angling :D

trotter2

Reaction score
Tricast make the best rods looks like Sam finally got the message and bought a couple :thumbs::thumbs:

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Why on earth not? Even if they look a bit old, sliding ring reel bands and old style line guides, they are still going to be decent rods.

Absolutely Sam, couldn't agree more,

It's the quality of the blank and it's action that is all important, the line guides and reel fittings should always come second although I do like half decent guides aswell :D

swizzle

Reaction score
..........narrh.....that would be normark :D

I would have to agree with you on this, I don't have a lot of experience on this subject, but Mark has kindly let me have a go with a couple of his Normarks when we have been out and the difference is staggering. They are so responsive, to the lightest flicks, if a Tri-cast is in a similar league then they are exceptional rods anyway. Always on the look out for bargains from both ranges. Though they are thin on the ground.

Nice to see a company with the right kind of ethos. Shame they aren't all like that.

Last edited:

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
I recently contacted Wychwood (leeda) as I'd broken the handle on my reel. I contacted them very much with the intention of buying the required replacement - however, the guy who emailed me back just asked for an address and I received the handle free of charge the next day.

I had a similar experience some years back when I needed a replacement part for a JRC chair.

The biggest disappointment was with Greys - having a "lifetime warranty" turned out to be a load of trollop. I snapped the very top of an avon tip on my three piece prodigy barbel rod, then contacted them - only to be told that the rod had just been discontinued and would therefore not qualify for "lifetime warranty"... and I could buy a model from the current range at 30% (I think) off RRP. So given that they revamp the ranges every couple of years, it seems like the "lifetime warranty" is rubbish!

(Sorry to hijack thread....)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I recently contacted Wychwood (leeda) as I'd broken the handle on my reel. I contacted them very much with the intention of buying the required replacement - however, the guy who emailed me back just asked for an address and I received the handle free of charge the next day.

I had a similar experience some years back when I needed a replacement part for a JRC chair.

The biggest disappointment was with Greys - having a "lifetime warranty" turned out to be a load of trollop. I snapped the very top of an avon tip on my three piece prodigy barbel rod, then contacted them - only to be told that the rod had just been discontinued and would therefore not qualify for "lifetime warranty"... and I could buy a model from the current range at 30% (I think) off RRP. So given that they revamp the ranges every couple of years, it seems like the "lifetime warranty" is rubbish!

No wonder Hardys folded, that guarantee was a total disgrace and imo firms like that should be boycotted by anglers :mad:.

The bad one

Reaction score
Nice to see a company with the right kind of ethos. Shame they aren't all like that.
It's because they are Northern and Mancunian we're are like that up here :D Oh and they are second only to Harrison! Hey and guess what they're northern as well :D:D

thames mudlarker

Reaction score

Arh....well that's definitely handy to know, I'll bare that in mind and there's me thinking that greys were a really good company, just goes to show hey :rolleyes:

In other words a thumbs down for greys products :eek:hno:

Thanks for sharing :thumbs:

Last edited:

The bad one

Reaction score
Do folks in Rochdale appreciate being called Mancunian?
Yes no option really, Northern Powerhouse and all that Sam! Been in Gt Manchester since 1974 never objected to that, that I know of. And don't object to saying they are Mancunian when supporting MUFC or MCFC. Cake and eat it comes to mind ;)