FishingMagic Forums

Go Back   FishingMagic Forums > >
Register Forums Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Search Mark Forums Read

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 15-02-2017, 14:01

sam vimes is just really nicesam vimes is just really nicesam vimes is just really nicesam vimes is just really nicesam vimes is just really nice
Default Tri-Cast

I contacted Tri-Cast via their website on Sunday night. I was enquiring as to whether I could buy a replacement rod bag for a 13' Allerton. The response arrived first thing Monday morning from a fella called Steve Hopkinson. It simply said "If you let me have your full postal address we can send you one."

The rod bag duly arrived this morning at no cost to me. I was more than willing to pay and hadn't expected to get one for free. For this reason, I can only thank Steve and Tri-Cast for their help and generosity.

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

By the way, for those of you that have never even seen a Tri-Cast rod, or those that have never found a stockist, have a look on the website. I found a few local stockists where I'd never even seen any Tri-Cast kit. I had no idea they were considered to be Tri-Cast stockists.

Couple that with Tri-Cast's offer to send rods to stockists for customers to have a no obligation look, and there's less of an excuse for ignoring the brand completely or writing them off as a purely northern thing.

Tri-Cast Fishing - Stockists
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 11 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Old 15-02-2017, 15:09

tigger is a glorious beacon of lighttigger is a glorious beacon of lighttigger is a glorious beacon of lighttigger is a glorious beacon of lighttigger is a glorious beacon of lighttigger is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tri-Cast

That's a refreshing change from money grabbing firms!

Was the bag for the 13ft spliced jobby Chris, I thought the bag didn't look like the correct one?
Old 15-02-2017, 15:14

sam vimes is just really nicesam vimes is just really nicesam vimes is just really nicesam vimes is just really nicesam vimes is just really nice

Yes, it was for the 13'er.
Old 15-02-2017, 15:50
Tri-Cast

mikench is a name known to allmikench is a name known to allmikench is a name known to allmikench is a name known to allmikench is a name known to allmikench is a name known to all

.........and why they are still in business! I inherited two old Tricast rods but doubt I will use them!
Old 15-02-2017, 16:01

tigger is a glorious beacon of lighttigger is a glorious beacon of lighttigger is a glorious beacon of lighttigger is a glorious beacon of lighttigger is a glorious beacon of lighttigger is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Yes, it was for the 13'er.
Not bad of 'em to give you a bag without even charging for the post .
Pity the other tackle manufacturers arn't as decent!
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes thames mudlarker liked this post
Old 15-02-2017, 16:11

thames mudlarker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
I contacted Tri-Cast via their website on Sunday night. I was enquiring as to whether I could buy a replacement rod bag for a 13' Allerton. The response arrived first thing Monday morning from a fella called Steve Hopkinson. It simply said "If you let me have your full postal address we can send you one."

The rod bag duly arrived this morning at no cost to me. I was more than willing to pay and hadn't expected to get one for free. For this reason, I can only thank Steve and Tri-Cast for their help and generosity.

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

By the way, for those of you that have never even seen a Tri-Cast rod, or those that have never found a stockist, have a look on the website. I found a few local stockists where I'd never even seen any Tri-Cast kit. I had no idea they were considered to be Tri-Cast stockists.

Couple that with Tri-Cast's offer to send rods to stockists for customers to have a no obligation look, and there's less of an excuse for ignoring the brand completely or writing them off as a purely northern thing.

Tri-Cast Fishing - Stockists
Nice one Sam, I do like Tri-Cast rods and there after sales and customer care is normally second to none,

Also replied to yer same post on Talk angling
Old 15-02-2017, 16:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikench View Post
.........and why they are still in business! I inherited two old Tricast rods but doubt I will use them!

Mike, are they float rods?
Likes S-Kippy liked this post
Old 15-02-2017, 16:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikench View Post
I inherited two old Tricast rods but doubt I will use them!
Why on earth not? Even if they look a bit old, sliding ring reel bands and old style line guides, they are still going to be decent rods.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Peter Jacobs, thames mudlarker liked this post
Old 15-02-2017, 17:23

trotter2 will become famous soon enough

Tricast make the best rods looks like Sam finally got the message and bought a couple
Old 15-02-2017, 17:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter2 View Post
Tricast make the best rods looks like Sam finally got the message and bought a couple
The jury is still out on whether they are the best or not. However, it's fun trying to find out for myself.
Likes thames mudlarker liked this post