Lost and found.

fishing4luckies

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum mate

Incidentally I fish many sections of the Medway meself and know the Tonbridge waters very well

Thanks for the welcome Mudlarker. If it was your baiting needle I found I'm afraid you're not getting it back. After the trauma of burying it 4 inches deep into my leg it's become my 'lucky baiting needle' - after all, it can't bring me any misfortune worse than the original encounter. :)

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Mudlarker. If it was your baiting needle I found I'm afraid you're not getting it back. After the trauma of burying it 4 inches deep into my leg it's become my 'lucky baiting needle' - after all, it can't bring me any misfortune worse than the original encounter. :)

Lols....:D Na mate won't be mine, I've not actually fished the Tonbridge water for a few years now,
I now mainly concentrate on the lower to middle IE Wateringbury, Nettlestead and Yalding :thumbs:

Be lucky mate,

Speak soon

robcourt82

Reaction score
What a coincidence, I had a bait needle incident once where it became embedded in my arse cheek. That too became a "lucky" bait needle even though it was anything but!

B

binka

I found a bait brolly (Preston?) in the reeds on the Trent and thought little of it, at first I thought it had been dumped but upon erecting it (!) I found it to be in A1 condition.

I was quite shocked to see that people pay around forty quid for these things.

A notice in the Lost & Found section of my club website has still not resulted in a taker so if anyone wants it, it's free for collection from the north Notts area.

I'm still convinced that the owner is too embarrassed to come forward given that they have a brolly for their bait and not for them, if anyone wanting it wishes to wear a burka when collecting it I will quite understand :D

I never lose anything, I've usually broken it before it gets to that stage :rolleyes:

Philip

Reaction score
Ok not lost and found but a tale of justice as it where …

As a kid I used to go fishing with a couple of mates. One day a group of older lads basically mugged us on the bank..they nicked all our rods and tackle and walked off with it. We started the slow trudge back to the railway station tackle less when a police car passed us. We flagged it down and told them about our plight. They put us in the car and drove us to the station where lo and behold there was the group who had nicked all our tackle. They were basically caught red handed. Anyway the police took them away to the station but also confiscated all the tackle as well & told us they would contact us once all the paper work was done. This took ages and eventually several months later we got a call from the Police that we could come and collect the tackle that was stolen. We went to the station and collected it. When I got home I opened by black rod hold-all and inside was not only my rod but the rods of the lads who had nicked our tackle too !

Justice duly served :)