What's the weather like round your neck of the woods ?...

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No idea what the weathers like round other parts of the country but it's blowing a serious gale round here :eek:, deffo be difficult to keep the float on line if trotting and it would be difficult to stop the rods from blowing in the river if legering :eek:mg:.
Anyone daft enough to go out fishin' today ?

steve2

Reaction score
Winds gusting up to 40mph, heavy rain showers someone somewhere will still go out fishing.

seth49

Reaction score
Heavy rain and windy, barometer has dropped low and still dropping, the strongest winds are supposed to hit around one pm.
Checked round the garden last night that there's nothing loose to blow about and damage anything.

The worst is due to be over by eight o clock tonight, definitely not going out today,unless I have a tidy up in my shed, don't think I'll be fishing while next week, busy till Monday.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Heavy rain and windy, barometer has dropped low and still dropping, the strongest winds are supposed to hit around one pm.
Checked round the garden last night that there's nothing loose to blow about and damage anything.

The worst is due to be over by eight o clock tonight, definitely not going out today,unless I have a tidy up in my shed, don't think I'll be fishing while next week, busy till Monday.

Winds round here are serious right now Seth, I dread to think what the predicted one o'clock winds will be like :eek:. It's weird having heavy rain at the same time as such strong winds :confused:.

B

binka

The house across the road has six foot iron gates to the driveway... Or rather it did have.

The chap boarded them over from the inside around a year ago and one is completely gone, ripped off by the wind and somewhere up his driveway :D

Looking at the way it's sweeping across the country I think we're getting the brunt of it from the north west through to the east midlands.

mikench

Reaction score
Dire here chaps and getting worse! In fact it is so bad I thought of popping into the office but only for a milisecond as on balance I would rather be on the bank clutching rod, brolly and other tackle than be in the office:rolleyes:

Will not be trotting in any sense today! I have made a hotpot for tea though!

Let us hope we all survive unscathed to fish another day;)

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
No, it crossed my mind, but thankfully it passed pretty quickly once I saw my trees bending before the wind....Having said that, it looks to be a reasonable day with a mixture of sunny spells and light showers, so I shall head off for a two hour walk along the Hambleden Valley nr. Henley, probably stopping at the village shop for a cup of tea.

I hope to be out Fri/Sat for sessions, so to earn sufficient 'brownies' I have just finished cleaning the bathroom/ dishwasher and wash machine (both needed some TLC)

I went yesterday in less severe conditions and it was still a problem to keep rod in rest. On occasion the top of my Ultralite took on a 'wrap round' curve so it became necessary to bury it more than 6" below the surface for stability.

Not that it made a blind bit of difference as far as fish caught was concerned.................

Friday looks good along the M4 corridor - mildish and almost calm by comparison!

Last edited:

flightliner

Reaction score
Here on the south yorks north notts border its raining heavily with strong gusting winds. Not seen any structural damage so far and hope not to when things peak around noon.

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
50 mph strong gusts down here with intermittent rain, in other words absolutely rubbish for fishing, I definitely don't want smashed up gear.

There wouldn't be a cat in hells chance in me fishing today :D

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Not too bad here (SE), wind blowing hard but not as strong as predicted. Sea flattened as it is coming off shore but lowish neap tides so shouldn't be a problem. Might be good for a bit of beach combing tomorrow and/or fishing. Cod virtually non existent but maybe a flattie or two. Find some interesting stuff some times if you wade through the cans and bottles like this. looks a bit prehistoric but its a Pipe Fish I believe.

Last edited:

seth49

Reaction score
Just checked and emptied my rain gauge, already had almost an inch of rain since yesterday morning, the ribble and hodder are well up on the web cams, almost bank toppers already,there's four ft on the hodder, and six ft on the ribble.
There going to be big after this storm has finished.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
It is blowing a hooley here in south Wiltshire but as yet still dry although the rain is forecast for this afternoon.

Definitely a day to be indoors with a good book and later on a decent single malt :)

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Bit windy first thing....and a brief passage of horizontal heavy rain but its a lovely sunny day here now. Still windy but not as bad as forecast though I think the real lively bit is not due until around lunchtime.

Good day to fish the long pole :eek:

sam vimes

Reaction score
A bit nippier than it has been, but surprisingly still with just the odd shower. I suspect that we may be in the eye of the storm. Tuesday night into Wednesday was far worse here. Wheelie bins blowing around and tiles coming off roofs. According to the BBC, increasingly strong winds are due for this afternoon.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Airy with bits of wood and remarkably few birds.
Fished 7-10 a.m. for one rather bloated-looking jack - probably only hours away from the annual shagathon, no wonder he pulled... Only thing airborne was one swan, everything else is hanging grimly on to the healthiest-looking twigs they can find. Tree down across the old Watling street gave me a detour, and the Northern line appears to be having the same sort of problem - wifey's on a replacement bus.

seth49

Reaction score
Well didn't turn out to bad here, the gales that were promised this afternoon never arrived, bit of wind and rain but nothing to worry about, seems the worst of it was south of here,

mikench

Reaction score
We had the full monty here with fallen trees and loads of debris on roads and pavements. It is calmer now with just the odd strong gust. I have packed the car ready for tomorrow which promises to be more benign :)