Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What's the weather like round your neck of the woods ?...

No idea what the weathers like round other parts of the country but it's blowing a serious gale round here , deffo be difficult to keep the float on line if trotting and it would be difficult to stop the rods from blowing in the river if legering .
    Anyone daft enough to go out fishin' today ?

Default Re: What's the weather like round your neck of the woods ?...

Winds gusting up to 40mph, heavy rain showers someone somewhere will still go out fishing.

Heavy rain and windy, barometer has dropped low and still dropping, the strongest winds are supposed to hit around one pm.
    Checked round the garden last night that there's nothing loose to blow about and damage anything.

The worst is due to be over by eight o clock tonight, definitely not going out today,unless I have a tidy up in my shed, don't think I'll be fishing while next week, busy till Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by seth49 View Post
    Heavy rain and windy, barometer has dropped low and still dropping, the strongest winds are supposed to hit around one pm.
    Checked round the garden last night that there's nothing loose to blow about and damage anything.

The worst is due to be over by eight o clock tonight, definitely not going out today,unless I have a tidy up in my shed, don't think I'll be fishing while next week, busy till Monday.

Winds round here are serious right now Seth, I dread to think what the predicted one o'clock winds will be like . It's weird having heavy rain at the same time as such strong winds .

binka Guest

The house across the road has six foot iron gates to the driveway... Or rather it did have.

The chap boarded them over from the inside around a year ago and one is completely gone, ripped off by the wind and somewhere up his driveway

Looking at the way it's sweeping across the country I think we're getting the brunt of it from the north west through to the east midlands.

Dire here chaps and getting worse! In fact it is so bad I thought of popping into the office but only for a milisecond as on balance I would rather be on the bank clutching rod, brolly and other tackle than be in the office

Will not be trotting in any sense today! I have made a hotpot for tea though!

Let us hope we all survive unscathed to fish another day

No, it crossed my mind, but thankfully it passed pretty quickly once I saw my trees bending before the wind....Having said that, it looks to be a reasonable day with a mixture of sunny spells and light showers, so I shall head off for a two hour walk along the Hambleden Valley nr. Henley, probably stopping at the village shop for a cup of tea.

I hope to be out Fri/Sat for sessions, so to earn sufficient 'brownies' I have just finished cleaning the bathroom/ dishwasher and wash machine (both needed some TLC)

I went yesterday in less severe conditions and it was still a problem to keep rod in rest. On occasion the top of my Ultralite took on a 'wrap round' curve so it became necessary to bury it more than 6" below the surface for stability.

Not that it made a blind bit of difference as far as fish caught was concerned.................

Friday looks good along the M4 corridor - mildish and almost calm by comparison!
    Last edited by Tee-Cee; 23-02-2017 at 08:53.

Blog Entries

Here on the south yorks north notts border its raining heavily with strong gusting winds. Not seen any structural damage so far and hope not to when things peak around noon.

50 mph strong gusts down here with intermittent rain, in other words absolutely rubbish for fishing, I definitely don't want smashed up gear.

There wouldn't be a cat in hells chance in me fishing today

Not too bad here (SE), wind blowing hard but not as strong as predicted. Sea flattened as it is coming off shore but lowish neap tides so shouldn't be a problem. Might be good for a bit of beach combing tomorrow and/or fishing. Cod virtually non existent but maybe a flattie or two. Find some interesting stuff some times if you wade through the cans and bottles like this. looks a bit prehistoric but its a Pipe Fish I believe.
    Last edited by markg; 23-02-2017 at 09:44.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast