Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Silver feeder fishing ???

I'm off fishing going to target roach and silvers or what else comes along going to go with maggot , caster , hemp and worm . The water is deep out from margins so waggler on bottom sounds a bit tricky and I think a Polaris float is too heavy to show small bites . Don't have a pole either .

This is why I'm thinking tiny feeder , would this work ? After a few feeders and no bites would go to a lead in same spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Silver feeder fishing ???

You can use a small feeder with a polaris float. You could use a slider set up, a float is bound to be more sensitive for smaller fish.

I have got smallest one they do but still a fat tip to float , thought to ledger with a few swan shot instead of a lead .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polaris floats are far more sensitive than their physical dimensions might suggest. Due to the way they work, it's not as simple as equating them to a similarly huge waggler.
    Bites on Polaris floats can be more obvious that they would be on other methods. However, they are not without their downsides.

Bites on a Polaris float can be extremely positive, but if you're worried about tip thickness they did a canal series in smaller sizes, with a correspondingly smaller recommended minimum weight and fine tip, designed for use in shallower water, as you'd expect. I have the smallest of these, with recommended min. weight of a quarter ounce.

Unfortunately, the Polaris canal floats are now unavailable, but there are similar floats in the Premier Locslide range.

https://www.premierfishingfloats.co..../locside-canal
    "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

thanks guys , whats the downside of a sliding float ?

but getting back to ledgering i surpose i could temp a carp or bream with casters chopped worm and hemp in a feeder this time of year with a worm and caster on a 16 hook ?

didnt have much luck last few times i been with lead and pellet banded .

Do with ordering a few lock slide floats i think but may have a go with polaris mid water for silvers

has anyone ledgered for roach in genral?

Quote Originally Posted by associatedmatt View Post
    i think but may have a go with polaris mid water for silvers
    I think you might want to look again at how a Polaris float works. Without locking shot or a stop knot it would be impossible. If you are wanting to fish mid-water, you'd be better served using a normal waggler.

sorry sam im wanting to fish on the deck , what are the disadvantages to those type of floats and would a normal waggler rod be fine to use ?

The limit of how deep you can fish with a normal waggler is dictated by the length of the rod you are using. It's a bit difficult to fish at depths approaching the full length of the rod. That can be overcome by using a standard slider float with a stop knot, or with a Polaris/Locslide.

The disadvantages of the Polaris/Locslide is that you can only fish them hard on the bottom (if using them as intended) and that they are quite strange/finicky to use. Some struggle to use them as intended. Others hate them even when they do use them properly.

i understand you use with a running lead for sensitivity and used a swivel or bead connector before hooklink .

correct ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast