Quiver tips weight?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I used to buy them and swap them over, infact I used to buy the daiwa tips to use on the drennan rods as the daiwa tips looked much better quality guides etc. As I said i've no idea about the tips they've been making for the last 5 or 6yrs.

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
I have seen some "universal tips" on eBay, apparently they come bigger than most rods and one has to sand them down with a bit of wet and dry. Now how good they are I don't know, but that could be worth looking into as some cheapish backups.

---------- Post added at 10:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 ----------

Here they are: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Red-Universal-Push-Quiver-Tip/dp/B006W7TXYO

I tel you what all jokes to one side that certainly ain't a bad idea,

Providing the tips are carefully sanded and fit the tip sections properly there's no reason why they shouldn't work and be ok, try to match the tip sizes ( ounces) to the size of the tips that originally came supplied with the rods in question :thumbs:

joshua

Reaction score
Drennan International

I'd check what Drennan themselves have to say on their aftermarket tip compatibility before parting with any cash.
Guess it wouldn't hurt to get in touch with either company's customer service departments. Am rather tempted to try the tips I just linked though, if they are any good, a tenner for tips is a bargain.

---------- Post added at 11:06 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------

I tel you what all jokes to one side that certainly ain't a bad idea,

Providing the tips are carefully sanded and fit the tip sections properly there's no reason why they shouldn't work and be ok, try to match the tip sizes ( ounces) to the size of the tips that originally came supplied with the rods in question :thumbs:

Aye, honestly, if they do push me past temptation, I will certainly update you all on what I think of them.

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
I used to buy them and swap them over, infact I used to buy the daiwa tips to use on the drennan rods as the daiwa tips looked much better quality guides etc. As I said i've no idea about the tips they've been making for the last 5 or 6yrs.

Oh right, OK Ian, cheers mate, that's good to know :thumbs:

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

Guess it wouldn't hurt to get in touch with either company's customer service departments. Am rather tempted to try the tips I just linked though, if they are any good, a tenner for tips is a bargain.

---------- Post added at 11:06 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------

Aye, honestly, if they do push me past temptation, I will certainly update you all on what I think of them.

Ok mate, cheers :thumbs: