Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Quiver tips weight?

Hey,
    I have been given a Daiwa Carp feeder 11ft, except, it's missing the quiver section. Now, I believe that these will fit the rod Daiwa Quiver Tips | Angling Direct.

The question is, what weight do I get?

I have a couple of maggot and open ended feeders, the heaviest being 30g. I will also be fishing for anything from to tench to roach. I understand I could buy different weight quivers but being a Yorkshireman, I'm a tight git.

Thanks, Josh.
    Last edited by joshua; 23-02-2017 at 21:34. Reason: Spelling

Default Re: Quiver tips weight?

I think drennan quiver tips are interchangeable with Daiwa. You'll need more than one tip, i'd say a minimum of three is different tests. You'll need to consider whether you want carbon or glass also.

Aye, I guess I could buy them as I need them. At least that way it would save forking out £30+ all at once. 1, 1.5, and 2 should do right.

Now if I'm correct, glass is a faster/softer action than carbon. So preferably, glass. The question is Drennan or Daiwa?

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Aye, I guess I could buy them as I need them. At least that way it would save forking out £30+ all at once. 1, 1.5, and 2 should do right.

Now if I'm correct, glass is a faster/softer action than carbon. So preferably, glass. The question is Drennan or Daiwa?

Glass is softer and many anglers believe it to be more suited to still waters. Carbon is stiffer and will give better drop back indications and many anglers believe it to be the best option for rivers for this reason.

Glass it is then. Thanks Tig.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Glass it is then. Thanks Tig.
    No worries Joshua, good luck

I've got the daiwa yank n blank, funnily enough it was only Monday just gone I called into angling direct and also enquirered about the quiver tips,

The Daiwa quiver tips apparently fit a variety of uk made rods and are priced at around £11.00 each

Me local shop here in Crayford, Kent didn't have no Daiwa tips and said that the majority of their tips are at the warehouse HQ in Norwich.

Incidentally the Drennan tips as far as I'm aware of do not fit the Daiwa rods,

These Drennan tips which the shop did have in stock are like for the acolyte rods etc.

If yer fishing for roach then you'd want 1/2 - 1 oz tips and preferably glass, you mention feeder fishing for tench and in this case I'd probably opt for tips of 1.5 - 2 oz and these you'd probably be better with carbon ( for casting larger ground bait feeders )

Be lucky
    Last edited by thames mudlarker; 24-02-2017 at 01:38.

Aye, I've been looking at the Drennan ones myself but can only really find Acolyte tips. The tips on Angling direct seem to run out really quick, although, I have seen them here Daiwa Quiver Tips | eBay. They are £2 cheaper then AD , plus free postage. So hopefully they're still in stock Tuesday.
    Last edited by joshua; 24-02-2017 at 00:55.

It can all get rather confusing when you consider the different test curves and the material and then the action but to be honest if you're doing a bit of everything on an average Stillwater then a simple glass 1.5 oz tip would be my go to tip.
    It's a happy medium that will do pretty much everything..

Is it a push in or screw in type of quiver tip you need?. I’ve got a Drennan 1oz screw in you can have which I found it on the bank last year F.O.C

If you have problems getting tips give Billy Clarke a try

Address: 81 Alderson Rd, Sheffield S2 4UB
    Phone: 0114 255 1145

link
    Daiwa CQ Carbon Quiver Tip 1oz - Billy Clarke Fishing Tackle
    Last edited by chrissh; 24-02-2017 at 13:04.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast