Looking for a rucksack/chair combo

Jim Murray

Reaction score
I can recommend the Airflo Comfort Zone Deluxe Rucksack/chair which I use on short sessions its ideal for 3-4 hours on a summer night fishing their around £35.00 the plus side is the seat and back rest is padded and the rucksack has plenty of room for bait & tackle, flask or bottle of drink , light waterproof jacket

Airflo Comfort Zone Deluxe Rucksack/chair | eBay

That one does look good but I just don't like the single strap, much prefer the double rucksack type straps.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Much the same here same bag do you find the shoulder strap a little prone to slipping down off your shoulder i did and found a narrower strap that works a treat ..

PG ...

MD, do you mean the maggot bags or the Aldi bag?

Whichever you mean I can answer you as I find them both ok. I much prefer the sling than the aldi bag though as it doesn't sink into my neck and cause neck pain later when I get home.

trotter2

Reaction score
If I am traveling ultra light its just a few bits in my waistcoat pockets, but you have too be very carefull you don't over do things or its back ache .
A bit more gear and its my Aldi bag. If I need a seat I take my rucksack seat ,or if I am going on the push bike its again the rucksack that comes out.
I do have a light weight chair and a couple of stools which I can slip into a net bag if I like.
But I find I use the less and less.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
MD, do you mean the maggot bags or the Aldi bag?

Whichever you mean I can answer you as I find them both ok. I much prefer the sling than the aldi bag though as it doesn't sink into my neck and cause neck pain later when I get home.

Yea sorry should ahve made that a bit more clear the Aldi bag i find the padding on the shoulder strap makes it slip off all the time and that winds me up grrrrrrr:wh

PG ...

robtherake

Reaction score
I can recommend the Airflo Comfort Zone Deluxe Rucksack/chair which I use on short sessions its ideal for 3-4 hours on a summer night fishing their around £35.00 the plus side is the seat and back rest is padded and the rucksack has plenty of room for bait & tackle, flask or bottle of drink , light waterproof jacket

Airflo Comfort Zone Deluxe Rucksack/chair | eBay

This looks far more practical than the usual offerings, which I find horribly uncomfortable, the front of the frame digging into your legs. I had a TF Gear variant which went to a boot sale and nobody wanted it at any price. Gave it away in the end.

keora

Reaction score
I would avoid fishing bags with a single shoulder strap as they aren't comfortable if you're walking long distances.

I've just bought a Korum 25 litre rucksack, it's compact and well designed. I'm hoping to use it for the first time this week.

ITM Day Sack | Korum | Korum: Fishing Made Easy

Finding a light fishing chair isn't easy. Most of them weigh around 4kgs, which is too heavy for roving type fishing. JRC do a lightweight chair at 3kgs.

JRC® Stealth X-Lite Chair | JRC®

Currently I'm using a light (1.5 kg) aluminium chair I bought in a camping/caravanning store.

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
I would avoid fishing bags with a single shoulder strap as they aren't comfortable if you're walking long distances.

I've just bought a Korum 25 litre rucksack, it's compact and well designed. I'm hoping to use it for the first time this week.

ITM Day Sack | Korum | Korum: Fishing Made Easy

Finding a light fishing chair isn't easy. Most of them weigh around 4kgs, which is too heavy for roving type fishing. JRC do a lightweight chair at 3kgs.

JRC® Stealth X-Lite Chair | JRC®

Currently I'm using a light (1.5 kg) aluminium chair I bought in a camping/caravanning store.

The Korum rucksack is exactly the same one that I use for all of me fishing, I've had this for a few seasons now and is one pucka bit of kit,

it's certainly lasted well and I highly rate as being very good value for money,

I'd most definitely buy another one when the time comes :)