Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Korum rod help?

  1. #1

    Question Korum rod help?

    Ive recently bought a korum 12 foot quiver feeder rod for some heavier feeder work and at longer ranges but there was no max casting weight on the rod or on the labels etc.does anybody no anything about it and what ranges it will chuck etc method,cage feeders etc.it just says 12 foot quiver near the butt section and its a korum feeder with 2 tips a 1oz and a 2oz thanks for reading any help appreciated

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    821

    Default Re: Korum rod help?

    Quote Originally Posted by nova12 View Post
    Ive recently bought a korum 12 foot quiver feeder rod for some heavier feeder work and at longer ranges but there was no max casting weight on the rod or on the labels etc.does anybody no anything about it and what ranges it will chuck etc method,cage feeders etc.it just says 12 foot quiver near the butt section and its a korum feeder with 2 tips a 1oz and a 2oz thanks for reading any help appreciated
    The casting weight tells yer on the tips as you've just mentioned 1 oz and 2 oz

  3. #3

    Default Re: Korum rod help?

    Oh thanks for that lol didnt realise i went by them i like using smaller rods usually but the tips i use are 0.75 and im chucking a 24gram method full of bait a good 50yrds surly the tips ive been using are to light but i was told to always use the lightest tips you can get away with?? But a 24gram method full of bait will be 1.5oz surley? Will a 0.75 tip hinder my casting range or break the rod tip?? Help much appreciated

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    821

    Default Re: Korum rod help?

    Quote Originally Posted by nova12 View Post
    Oh thanks for that lol didnt realise i went by them i like using smaller rods usually but the tips i use are 0.75 and im chucking a 24gram method full of bait a good 50yrds surly the tips ive been using are to light but i was told to always use the lightest tips you can get away with?? But a 24gram method full of bait will be 1.5oz surley? Will a 0.75 tip hinder my casting range or break the rod tip?? Help much appreciated
    Being honest fella it's all trial and error as all rods are different in there performance,

    Most of the time I've noticed that tackle manufacturers often under state there gear meaning that for example if a tip says 1 oz it'll probably lob a 1.5 oz lead quite easily, but notice I said lob and not cast , there's a big difference in the two if you get me jist

    It's the same with lines, a line for example saying 3 lb is probably more likely to break at near enough 4 lb if this makes sence, it's like a safety barrier and gives just that little extra in strength to play with

  5. #5

    Default Re: Korum rod help?

    Yes thanks for that ill bang a 2 oz in my new 1 then as im after double figure carp think ive been using way to light tips for the year but they are carbon tips and seem stiffer? Maybe the 0.75 will be fine for a 24gram? Think im thinking way to much into it?
    Can you cast further with a stiffer tip?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dronfield Derbyshire
    Posts
    1,739

    Default Re: Korum rod help?

    The weight on feeder tips mean the test curves not the casting weight
    All quiver tips have a test curve or strength rating. A test curve is the amount of weight it takes to bend the tip to 90 degrees. Glass tips tend to be 2oz or less, whereas carbon tips can be a strong as 6oz.

    i have a korum barbel 2lb t/c that says it can cast up to a 3oz feeder

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ross on Wye
    Posts
    3,272

    Default Re: Korum rod help?

    My new 1.75lb tc korum rod is guaranteed for 18 months to cast 5oz.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Korum rod help?

    I had a 2.25tc korum feeder rod with the white tip and that struggled with 5oz which it was meant to be able to handle

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    821

    Default Re: Korum rod help?

    Quote Originally Posted by nova12 View Post
    Yes thanks for that ill bang a 2 oz in my new 1 then as im after double figure carp think ive been using way to light tips for the year but they are carbon tips and seem stiffer? Maybe the 0.75 will be fine for a 24gram? Think im thinking way to much into it?
    Can you cast further with a stiffer tip?
    Yea generally you can mate, just simply put on yer average feeders that you'd normally use and give a short flick / lob and just see how the rod feels,

    You'll know pretty much straight away wheather the rod feels ok or not,

    If you really do feel that yer feeder is to heavy and feels like it's over loading then just go a tad lighter

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dronfield Derbyshire
    Posts
    1,739

    Default Re: Korum rod help?

    Quote Originally Posted by sagalout View Post
    My new 1.75lb tc korum rod is guaranteed for 18 months to cast 5oz.
    just doubled check mine and its 5oz (not 3oz) my mistake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •