Shimano aero match reel

associatedmatt

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new reel for float fishing , feeder fishing and surface fishing . I keep looking at many makes and all seem the same a plastic line clip that my fat fingers can't clip the line easy .

Does anyone know what clip the aero match reel has and also what is the reel like ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrissh

Reaction score
My Shimano Super GT 2500 has differently got a round metal line clip they only sell this reel in two size thou 2500 or 4000

Shimano-Super-GT-RD-Reel-3.jpg

View image in gallery

If you google the aero match reels and look at the images its showing the line clip

Last edited:

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Cheers Chris , spoke to you before about this reel and thought decided was a plastic line clip ?

I have looked on google images but most pictures was line clip on wrong side for picture

chrissh

Reaction score
Cheers Chris , spoke to you before about this reel and thought decided was a plastic line clip ?

I have looked on google images but most pictures was line clip on wrong side for picture

no that was the exage Which had the plastic triangle shape line clip

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Ah brilliant ! Seems it's there cheaper reels that have plastic clips , does the super gt have fighting drag ?

chrissh

Reaction score
Both spools on my Shimano Super GT 2500 have metal line clips plus a set of spool reducers and fighting drag
The super GT is the next one up from the Exage. around £75 mark

Have you tried down loading catalogues diawa, shimano? You can get the full spec from them

associatedmatt

Reaction score
I did not know you can get a catalogue just view a reel if Google search the model

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Cheers Chris , some tasty reels there !

Think the super GT fits my needs and a bit cheaper than the aero match , seems to have plenty of cranking power too

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Would be either going on a 11ft drennan pellet waggler , 11 ft drennan Avon rod and a 10 ft drennan carp feeder rod so imagine would balance up nicely as all rods are nice light rods