Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  44
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Polarized Sunglasses

I want to buy a new pair of Polarized Sunglasses for this summer what the best colour lenses for river /lake, any recommendations on make

Default Re: Polarized Sunglasses

For me it’s amber for cloudy days/low light and grey for bright sunshine. I also have a pair with blue lenses that are very good for fish spotting in certain conditions.

PS Flying fisherman are reasonably priced for their quality.
    Last edited by barbelboi; 02-03-2017 at 16:11. Reason: PS
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Amber - makes it look like it's that 'magic' time of the evening!
    Again - I would reccomend Aldi - from about £4 - no tears if you lose/step* on them!
    [*That was a note for Binka!]

The other possibility is to have words with your friendly local optician if you're a specs wearer! I've just had a pair of bifocals made up with polarising lenses, with the 'reading' section made at +4dioptres so that I can see to tie hooks etc without swopping specs!

binka Guest

I've always done well with brown, I've had reasonably expensive pairs that have met with the fate that greenie mentions and I've had the cheapo Aldi ones too.

I would fully recommend the Aldi ones, just as good (if not better in one particular case) than some of the far more expensive ones.

If anyone notices them coming back into store could they post a heads up please?

I wear vari focals and use clips on so as to be able to use my regular glasses.
    They flip up without taking them off.

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

I've got loads of pairs. Personally I find the yellow [amber ?] lens colour best but I couldn't recommend a brand as I've not yet found one that I'm entirely happy with.

The nearest have been a pair of Smiths and a pair I won here on FM which were Polaroids....the brand Polaroid I mean. Not trendy but very good.

Also like the Aldi ones and for the price, better than many of the more expensive one's in my opinion. If you already wear glasses different colour clip on one's for about £1.50 do a reasonable job.

Once the summer has gone by, some of the high street discount stores reduce their whole sunglasses section to just a pound or two. In amongst the cheap-and-nasties there are also polaroids, some discounted from £30 or more and in decent frames. I managed to catch Yorkshire Trading's end-of-season sale last year and ended up with a dozen or so pairs in all the popular lens colours for less than £20 for the lot.
    "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

For me its gotta be Amber lenses for the majority of me fishing,

However the amber lenses are at there best when it's low light levels, IE spoting fish towards dusk on a summers evening

I normally get mine just down the road from me in Blue water, Kent for around £15.00 and are made by " eye level "

The best ones I ever had were John Wilson ones, but there not available any more.::
    The Aldi ones are well worth the money
    Best colour for me is amber

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast