Day after match

mark_t

Reaction score
Hi all
I was wondering if I was to go fishing at a local still water the day after a match was held there would the match have an impact on the fishing?
the reason I ask is I intend to go tomorrow but there was a match held there today.

chrissh

Reaction score
I never fish any Still water venues a day after a match has been held on any of them and very rarely fish on Mondays after weekend matches.
One of the fishery I go to isn’t open on Monday because of weekend matches the owner rests the waters for a day

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I used to think the same way but at this time of year matchmen know not to feed too heavily. I'd be inclined to start fishing cautiously and keep your loosefeed to a minimum and see what happens. I've seen so many anglers chucking in loads of bait before they start fishing, often killing the peg completely... Then in frustration, feeding even more:eek:mg:

Last edited:

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
I used to think the same way but at this time of year matchmen know not to feed too heavily. I'd be inclined to start fishing cautiously and keep your loosefeed to a minimum and see what happens. I've seen so many anglers chucking in loads of bait before they start fishing, often killing the peg completely... Then in frustration feeding even more:eek:mg:

Absolutely agree Simon, well said :thumbs:

Philip

Reaction score
Best way to fish a water straight after a match is with a Pike rod ;)

rayner

Reaction score
It seems that I agree with most things peter crabtree says.
I generally fish Mondays and regularly catch good enough to keep me busy.
As as been said caution is the way to go.

robcourt82

Reaction score
I'd rather fish after a match than after a weekend of carp and catfish anglers. The way the average angler feeds on a commercial has to be seen to be believed!

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Why would you prefer to fish after a match than carp or catfish anglers ? I know many carp anglers and seen many match anglers put loads more bait in than them .

I saw in the summer on a lake I fish a particular match angler and he went through 2 kilo bags of ground bait but God knows how many pellets he used !

I think it's just down to preference you some match anglers and carp anglers that pile the bait in !

There a lake I may join and there is a ban on groundbait , it's ok in moderation or to use as a carrier or to block feeders up but in my opinion it can fowl the water up .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk