Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  59

View Poll Results: If you purchase one day licences, will you be buying one after April 1st for £6?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 13.04%
  • No

20 86.96%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default £6 too much for a one day licence

Anyone else think that's a bit steep?

Some years I only have chance to go a couple of time so prefer to buy one day licences, but I'm not going to pay £6 on top of the day tickets.

I missed the "consultation" but I cannot see how they can justify a 60% increase. Guess it's just to force you to buy a full year, which is not good value either if you only go a few times.

Come on Angling Trust, stop trying to be clever and just think about all anglers please!

Blog Entries

Default Re: £6 too much for a one day licence

Its the EA that has increased prices but the wangling trust was involved with the increase, imo £6 for a year is to much to give them.
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

Seems like you have 4 choices - cough up the £6 when you want to go on a daily basis; or buy a year's licence; or go illegally and take your chances; or don't go at all.

If it was me, I'd buy the annual licence and go fishing more often - after all this site's called fishingmagic (not fishingsometimes or fishingnowandthen). So my advice? go fishing more often, it's magic!!

Is £6 too much? I can't really answer that as I've had an annual licence since I was 12, and never felt the need to question it in 35 years of fishing. But if you were to do a comparison with a day at a football match or on a golf course, then £6 EA licence + £10 day ticket + £9 quid (say) for bait still only adds up to £25 and I'd happily pay that for a quality day's fishing - and it compares to both of those other activities I mentioned.

However, if that doesn't add up for you in terms of value for money - do something else?

I am with you on this, mainly sea fishing this year, the side benefit is saving £30. However, might have wanted to go the odd day coarse fishing so £6 is a bit steep. If a year is £30 then that's about 8p a day, not that I would expect that but in relation £6 for a day is a bit steep. I think it was £3 last year. So,they lost my £30 and maybe lost the odd £3 as well and anyone wanting to just try a days fishing for the first time to see if they like it, could put some of them off. Considering all the above and on balance I think its a bit much.
    But then it was £27 and they made a big hulabaloo about it not raising it some years and I always thought they would make up for it one day and then its become £30 in one swoop, so I was right, and a week was £8 I think and now its £12, and a day £3 more, 50% increases. These smaller licenses are quite big hikes proportionally so their intent is clear; we will shaft someone. Its all pennies to some but not everyone, not much consideration to the poor, whats new in the world. Anyway there you go- the time honored sod em, they all just get on my nerves.
    Last edited by markg; 17-03-2017 at 15:17.

Yes I agree its too much.
    Should be half that at the most, its not encouraging anyone to try the sport.
    You cant compare it too a round of golf or a day at a football match.
    Its a licence fee not a day ticket.

Thanks for all your replies

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crosskey 2 View Post
    Seems like you have 4 choices - cough up the £6 when you want to go on a daily basis; or buy a year's licence; or go illegally and take your chances; or don't go at all.

If it was me, I'd buy the annual licence and go fishing more often - after all this site's called fishingmagic (not fishingsometimes or fishingnowandthen). So my advice? go fishing more often, it's magic!!

Is £6 too much? I can't really answer that as I've had an annual licence since I was 12, and never felt the need to question it in 35 years of fishing. But if you were to do a comparison with a day at a football match or on a golf course, then £6 EA licence + £10 day ticket + £9 quid (say) for bait still only adds up to £25 and I'd happily pay that for a quality day's fishing - and it compares to both of those other activities I mentioned.

However, if that doesn't add up for you in terms of value for money - do something else?
    Absolutely spot on Jim, well said

£6 is over the top for a day’s licence. I don’t mind the £30 as I get out 2-3 times a week

Go with a friend … when they advertise the take a friend fishing and give you a day’s licence free
    Trust me I’m an Engineer

At least you get the 1-day/week licence fees discounted if you subsequently upgrade to a full-year licence! As I understand it that was a concession added to encourage potential anglers to 'give it a try'.

In all honesty I cannot see the point of going fishing a couple of times a year, but then I don't know your personal circumstance.
    Let's face it, you only have to go five times to cover the cost of a full licence, and if you eventually manage to go more than five times you have your licence ready to go!

As far as the £6 fee is concerned; I find it hard to see why a 'day' licence is needed in the first place as a monthly would seem more useful IMHO, but others will say not...

I suppose you have the choice, and if deemed too expensive you'll probably end up doing something else...................

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast