Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  55
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: A bit of a dilemma.....

Be prepared to be constantly baiting up . Although the wife got me into sea fishing as that was what her family mainly done . As well as 30 minute walks cross country to go eel fishing . Even now after nearly 30 years of sea fishing , she can spot a bite before me . On the plus side when you need new tackle , my wife always says to buy it as life is to short . Good Luck .
    Steve

Default Re: A bit of a dilemma.....

My sandwich maker says she cannot understand why anyone goes fishing. She is one of the majority of the population that thinks that way. Thank goodness.
    If everyone suddenly realised the meaning of life, the banks would be too crowded

In the end it was a compromise with mine, 6 hours one of end of the high street and back 5 times looking for a scarf and me about to jump under a lorry. Then we settled for her going shopping and dropping me of fishing and she would pick me up on the way back. At least she felt she had spent the day out with me. Never never get into that shopping thing, chain yourself to the garden fence or something, feign a heart attack, do a runner; anything. Trust me.

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

All I would say is that whereas we can nip off into the bushes or behind a tree when nature calls ladies [ generally] cannot. I've played that card twice [ Mrs S/Beloved daughter] and it worked both times.

No further questions, m'lud.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Kippy View Post
    All I would say is that whereas we can nip off into the bushes or behind a tree when nature calls ladies [ generally] cannot. I've played that card twice [ Mrs S/Beloved daughter] and it worked both times.

No further questions, m'lud.
    Therein lies the crux of the matter. A proper country girl will have no probs going in to the bushes when answering the call of nature. Do women farmers have portaloos in each field just in case?? I'd like to see more women on the bank, don't see any harm in that, trouble is many clubs and fisheries feel that they have to put toilets in as women can't go otherwise. Well they can.

Mine's a pretty proficient angler and has out fished me on a couple of occasions (not that that is any great accolade) As I've said before, she can't be doing silvers but likes Carp, Tench and Crucians. She'll do boat trips for mackerel and the odd deep sea trip and guts her own fish (last time out she was showing some young lads how to top, tail and gut fish, much to their Mothers distaste} She won't fish in the cold, rain, wind or where there are no decent toilet facilities so tends to limit herself to a few sessions between Easter and the end of August when we're down the flat, preferably on the carp pool at Holgans Farm. It only goes pear shaped if she's not catching.
    “If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you.”

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by theartist View Post
    Therein lies the crux of the matter. A proper country girl will have no probs going in to the bushes when answering the call of nature. Do women farmers have portaloos in each field just in case?? I'd like to see more women on the bank, don't see any harm in that, trouble is many clubs and fisheries feel that they have to put toilets in as women can't go otherwise. Well they can.
    My two would die in a ditch before peeing in public. Country girls they most certainly are not !

My two would die in a ditch before peeing in public. Country girls they most certainly are not !
    I remember a huge tailback on the motorway once, the sort where people were sitting in deckchairs and walking dogs in the central reservation. All the hardy sorts were going up the bank to answer the call, but some weren't. The queue at the first petrol station was phoenominal never seen anything like it, how anyone can hold on that long is anyone's guess.

I think there's less women on the bank due to the hunter/gatherer differences between the two sexes rather than the toilet issue anyway. Perhaps those who wish to deter their better halves from going should explain that taking up fishing means no more different coloured shoes and handbags and that everything has to be greenish and serve a purpose, unless it's required for the man cave which should now include the front room.

We don't seem to have had the view of any female posters yet..........

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I remember back in the sixties on an eastern counties winter league match on the middle level where one team had a lady team member.
    One of our team drew next to her.
    Back on the coach afterwards he was moaning about being unable to answer the calls of nature but on the final whistle ending the match our heroine stands up , drops her cecks and has a pee in front of all nearby while saying " thank god for the whistle, I, ve waited hours for that"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast