Egg free... Breakthrough!

laguna

Reaction score
Laguna have never sold boilies. It was a conscious choice.

I've forgone a lot of my fishing and spent some considerable time working in the lab over winter to perfect, and finally come up with a 'snotty ' glue concoction which looks promising as a total replacement for eggs used in boilie making. It mixes directly to bind all kinds of powders, flours and prepared particles to form a lovely soft paste resembling playdough that can be used as is, or rolled to make boilie shapes and chops - without the need to boil or air dry.

The good news is, it will significantly cut down on any production costs and the cost of providing traditional boilie shaped baits to anglers as you might imagine. A huge advantage in this game.

Its edible, soluble in water, permeable to flavours, resists drying out and naturally preserving for a long shelf-life.

The product will be used in our new BUNKERS "real un-boilies' which are due out this May. It will also be available separately as the new improved PONDBOND water glue formula, which has always been popular for making up method mixes. We also intend to include it as a bundle with a quality base mix - requiring no eggs or heat.

How snotty is it?
When you dip the tip of your finger into it, the snot sticks to your finger as you raise it in the air forming an ultra-thin stream - perhaps 10-12" high before breaking. That sort of snotty! :eek:

Anyone who has previously expressed an interest in our BUNKERS will automatically receive a free small 'snot' sample in the post - labelled as PONDBOND water glue.

Thanks guys. :thumbs:

Last edited:

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Chris. First time I have been on your site. Fascinating.

If I was on smaller rivers I would definately be on the milks.

Are the red chickpeas flavoured at all? I know I can add if needs.
Thanks

laguna

Reaction score
Chris. First time I have been on your site. Fascinating.

If I was on smaller rivers I would definately be on the milks.

Are the red chickpeas flavoured at all? I know I can add if needs.
Thanks
Thanks, no not flavoured Graham, I suppose you could add your own (SAC juice extracts recommended). :) The obvious choice would be strawberry for tench? Rivers come June I'll be on the Milk Protein too - made up with PONDBOND! oh and Halibut cheese paste for sure! :w

lutra

Reaction score
Laguna have never sold boilies. It was a conscious choice.

I've forgone a lot of my fishing and spent some considerable time working in the lab over winter to perfect, and finally come up with a 'snotty ' glue concoction which looks promising as a total replacement for eggs used in boilie making. It mixes directly to bind all kinds of powders, flours and prepared particles to form a lovely soft paste resembling playdough that can be used as is, or rolled to make boilie shapes and chops - without the need to boil or air dry.

The good news is, it will significantly cut down on any production costs and the cost of providing traditional boilie shaped baits to anglers as you might imagine. A huge advantage in this game.

Its edible, soluble in water, permeable to flavours, resists drying out and naturally preserving for a long shelf-life.

The product will be used in our new BUNKERS "real un-boilies' which are due out this May. It will also be available separately as the new improved PONDBOND water glue formula, which has always been popular for making up method mixes. We also intend to include it as a bundle with a quality base mix - requiring no eggs or heat.

How snotty is it?
When you dip the tip of your finger into it, the snot sticks to your finger as you raise it in the air forming an ultra-thin stream - perhaps 10-12" high before breaking. That sort of snotty! :eek:

Anyone who has previously expressed an interest in our BUNKERS will automatically receive a free small 'snot' sample in the post - labelled as PONDBOND water glue.

Thanks guys. :thumbs:

You don't say what you think is wrong with egg that it needs fixing?

In my eyes egg can do all the things you list above and has other good properties like protein and being a natural emulsifier.

David Rogers 3

Reaction score
Thanks, no not flavoured Graham

The Red Chicks are described as "sweet tasting" though and I wouldn't call chick peas naturally sweet. The photos also look as though they've been glugged in something which looks like a sweet syrup of some sort. Confused!?

laguna

Reaction score
I have said many time here and elsewhere over the years why eggs are bad. It doesn't need fixing it needs replacing.

Eggs are traditionally used for binding the ingredients together to form a dough and then boiled, and there lieth the problem - bait made with boiled eggs take too long to break down as they are insoluble in water. They also lock in the natural flavours of what might otherwise be a decent bait. Boiling or steaming baits introduces water which causes mould and harmful toxins to accumulate unless properly air dried and/or some kind of chemical preservative is added to the bait like Potassium sorbate for example.

Raw eggs will bind too to some extent and many anglers use it to form a paste, but they are a trypsin inhibitor robbing the fish of vital nutrients. Trypsin is an enzyme involved in the breakdown of many different proteins, including as part of the digestion processes.

A water-soluble binder that breaks down easily and lets the flavours out is a much better alternative. Nothing wrong with the calcium carbonate shell though.

---------- Post added at 07:57 ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 ----------

The Red Chicks are described as "sweet tasting" though and I wouldn't call chick peas naturally sweet. The photos also look as though they've been glugged in something which looks like a sweet syrup of some sort. Confused!?

I posted on another thread a couple of weeks ago, stated they are soaked in water and then the water is extracted and replaced by something (undisclosed) and subjected to low heat over an extended period (properly prepared to impart a long shelf life.). The 'undisclosed' is a natural liquid which shall remain undisclosed! :wh
not sugar, not salt and I promise definitely not synthetic David.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Thanks Chris, my rock hard tench water seems to be vv hard on naturals but seen more fish caught on mini strawberry boilies 8mm.

Just bought some 15mm to cut down and feed in method mix with chopped.
Also some strawberry flavour to add very lightly to mix.

The chickpeas look v good as a crunchy alternative to try. Ordered.

Last edited:

laguna

Reaction score
By all means use whatever you have faith in, the fish won't mind too much... you'll still catch but probably less!!! :D

I'm waiting until May for my Tench up here, though red chicks are already starting to produce results in some parts of the country. I also have strawberry paste to fall back on as you never know on the day do you Graham? and each day is different... Good luck mate and sorry if I appear to be anally-retentive about these things, it's because I am! :eek:mg:

laguna

Reaction score
Thread revival and update for those interested. We have produced a new 'Green formula' PONDBOND to include;
plant mucilage extract, root starches, vegetable glycerine, isolated proteins.

Details available via our website and eBay

mikench

Reaction score
I have often said that eggs and porridge must have a commercial use in heavy industry as being able to stick to anything!

I have just had scrambled eggs on toast and the glass bowl has come out of the dishwater still full of egg debris.

The chick peas Chris sells last for ages without going off, stay on the hair and catch fish. I have tried the red and orange and recommend them!

mikench

Reaction score
I have often said that eggs and porridge must have a commercial use in heavy industry as being able to stick to anything!

I have just had scrambled eggs on toast and the glass bowl has come out of the dishwater still full of egg debris.

The chick peas Chris sells last for ages without going off, stay on the hair and catch fish. I have tried the red and orange and recommend them!

Egg free... Breakthrough! Very apt for Easter said the chick!:)