to catch the big one???.

B

bryce singleton

Graham
could you please explain the "test curve" of a rod

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Ross, anyone can be a FISHINGmagic shopping partner whether they be game, sea or coarse related. All they have to do is pay the fee. We don't choose who pays to advertise with us (we wish!), the advertiser makes that decision.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Bryce, if you want to be in with a chance of winning the best question prize, please email your question to me at <a href=mailto:graham@fishingmagic.com>graham@fishingmagic.com</A>

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Would everyone who has submitted a question (and we have loads of them!) please note that they are being dealt with and the questions, with answers, will be appearing in due course.

S

stuart private please

I have only just returned to fishing after some 11 years off and I have been amassed by the copious quantity of gadgets on the market. I used to get great pleasure from making my own rigs, floats, ledgers and feeders. I think the preparation for a days fishing is as enjoyable as the fishing itself. At least if I have a dry day I can try and do something about my tackle design, this even makes a dry day productive.
So my question is why do tackle shops sell things like hair rigs when it is easy and cheaper to tie your own (the knotless knot)?

G

George Williams

I used to make up my own rigs etc when I was younger but when your eyes are old and tired and your fingers no longer nimble, ready made rigs off the shelf are a boon. Having said that I have also recently returned to fishing after many years and am somewhat bewildered by the array of gear displayed on my local tackle shop shelves

Bob Such

Reaction score
Many years ago when I was in the army I took up coarse fishing in Berlin and joined the Berlin Angling Club, We used basically float rods and alike. Our German counterparts introduced us to pole fishing, and as speed merchants in a match were landing three fish to our one in a match. So some us got poles and started to fish like the Germans with barbless hooks etc. My twelve year old has shown an interest but having sold all my tackle when I left the services (idiot) yes I was. I am now starting to put together some tackle to start again. How things have changed in 30yrs prices and techniques so I am classing myself as a complete beginner. So to do a bit father son bonding we are going fishing, there is one venue near to where we live called Ewhurst Park large private lake but has many underwater snags do you or any of the members know of any local venues near to Basingstoke that are snag free and good fishing for a young and older beginner. At present we have one float rod 13' match and a whip which is 13'. The whip has an eye on the tip for line attachment the Germans used attach an elastic to the end as a shock absorber if this is still the case what do I require.I am also pondering the purchase of a quiver tip rod having read the praises of such rod in the normal magazines, is this a good idea.

Bob Such

J

John McLaren

Graham, what has happened to the problem page? The last one was back in July.

P

Paul Williams

Bob,
Pop into a decent local tackle shop and hopefully they will point you to one of the "new" commercial waters, they are good for newcommers and rustys, full of fish and snag free.
You can put elastic into the whip if you like but if the water is stuffed with small silver fish you should be fine with a premade rig from the tackle shop......i'd let your nipper use the whip close in and when he gets the feel of fishing introduce him to the rodnreel set up.....at least thats what i did.