Losing tackle

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
I have bought cheap tackle and had to replace it its not worth it , go outdoors sells cheap tackle some is ok but alot is naff i found out .

Matt, did you actually bother to look at the site, I presume not :rolleyes:

If you look properly you'll see that there are items for sale such as Kamasan, Partridge, Middy and Dinsmoore.

These are all well known good manufacturers that mist tackle shops would stock,

Incidentally I'd actually use meself any of those 4 companies that I've just mentioned :wh

Last edited:

associatedmatt

Reaction score
I looked at the 1st page that's all ;) but was a general comment about cheap tackle in general not directly aimed at that shop

Have bought a few bits from go outdoors and even a ngt pod which was naff threads was stripped then came some hooklinks and the hooks pulled off from the knot .

You learn the hard way by making mistakes and hopefully not a next time ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
In defence of the Zinger, it's one of the best products KFC offer....esp after a couple of pints.....

We're not all angling anoraks :D

greenie62

Reaction score
....Have bought a few bits from go outdoors and even a ngt pod which was naff threads was stripped then came some hooklinks and the hooks pulled off from the knot.....

Hi Matt,
The main thing here is to ensure that you buy GOOD tackle CHEAP - rather than cheap tackle!
A lot of the tackle at GO is from sound manufacturers - including those mentioned - much of it is good tackle - sometimes sold cheaply during promotions with coupons, vouchers, &/or discounts and can be worth grabbing. Some of it is just cheap tackle - and should be avoided - even if half-price! Caveat emptor applies!

One of the things that determines how good a manufacturer / retailer is, is how they respond to complaints - particularly if there is a manufacturing fault. Did you get response from GO on the NGT Pod threads? or from NGT? Did you even complain to them? That's the sort of thing - post-sales support - that determines whether a manufacturer or retailer is worth dealing with again.:eek:

B

binka

One of the things that determines how good a manufacturer / retailer is, is how they respond to complaints - particularly if there is a manufacturing fault. Did you get response from GO on the NGT Pod threads? or from NGT? Did you even complain to them? That's the sort of thing - post-sales support - that determines whether a manufacturer or retailer is worth dealing with again.:eek:

Spot on Mike.

I'm sure NGT will have certain assurances in place from their suppliers with regards to what they can expect in terms of quality, any brand will know their days are numbered if they start to put poor quality gear into the marketplace.

I would imagine that NGT are possibly not even aware of the problem which could be a one off or affecting a whole batch and the news might come as a bit of a shock to them too given that supplier contracts are often written up so that the goods are delivered straight from the manufacturer to their point of sale due to it being more economical.

I would take it up with them if you haven't already, they seem a good company to me and I reckon you will get it sorted in no time at all.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
I went back to go outdoors and got a refund and bought a fox pod in the end , I also had a jrc rod bag where the ties came unstiched after a couple of months but jrc is a decent make . Got a refund on that too .

I think a lot is seconds as Mike said .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
I bought a Shimano Beastmaster pole a few years back, the pole was fine but the holdall it came in was rubbish and started to shred first trip.

Lobbed the pole into an unused Maver holdall. Really surprised that such products are not always tested before going to the market.

mikench

Reaction score
In Dubai and it is hot. Our flat is the size of Old Trafford;)

I am having my fishing chair collected by Kodex tomorrow and I will report back on their proposals for the collapsing rear legs ! I will be without it no doubt for a while but as I am away I am not bothered. I will buy another chair anyway as a stand by and one I can take roving. I like the look of the Korum roving kit:)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I am having my fishing chair collected by Kodex tomorrow and I will report back on their proposals for the collapsing rear legs ! I will be without it no doubt for a while but as I am away I am not bothered. I will buy another chair anyway as a stand by and one I can take roving. I like the look of the Korum roving kit:)

Temp's arn't too tropical round these parts Mike so I can't see the tench fishing being fast and furious...you can relax and enjoy yourself now knowing your missing nowt ;).
All the best to your son and his new mrs :w :D.

thames mudlarker

Reaction score

Have a good time out there Mike ;bp

And congrats on yer sons and Mrs wedding :thumbs:

Speak soon

mikench

Reaction score
Cheers Ian and Stuart and thank you for your kind wishes which I will pass on to the happy couple:)