Do you have trouble rising early.

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Not a real problem, my alarm is set for 6.30am latest on workdays or 3.30 if I've got to get into central London, As most of my fishing is solo though, I'm with Jerry on this one, I don't think the fish are that bothered at what hour they get caught:)

Pete Shears

Reaction score
Best part of the day is very early in the morning although there are insomniac blackbirds which wake me around 5am when it is still dark.Birdsong seem so much louder before man creates that white noise background hum that numbs the senses for most of us for the rest of the day.

mikench

Reaction score
I have never had a problem with early rising since beginning a paper round at the age of thirteen. This meant a 6.30 am start, so getting up at 6 am became a regular habit for me. Never used an alarm clock, just tell myself what time I need to be about and I'm awake within ten minutes of the target time. Even after 16 years of retirement, most days I am showered and shaved, had some breakfast, fed the cows and milked the chickens, long before anyone else stirs. I don't know if it's the result of a guilty conscience or just down to clean living but that's me. Sad intit. Now my Son in Law Chris, he could sleep for England. If it was an Olympic event he would win Gold, Silver and Bronze all on his own, but then he does have to get up 4/5 times in the night for a fag. Pete.

We both have a lot in common with Jack Reacher!;) Even now on holiday and the time difference I still wake up at 6.00am!

Reaction score
I get up at half four in the morning for work, so this morning when I got up at half past five to go fishing it was a nice lie in. :)

robtherake

Reaction score
Best part of the day is very early in the morning although there are insomniac blackbirds which wake me around 5am when it is still dark.Birdsong seem so much louder before man creates that white noise background hum that numbs the senses for most of us for the rest of the day.

Too true. Blackbirds are the first to start up out of the pre-dawn quiet and are are seriously loud at full throttle (or should that be full throstle? :D)

mikench

Reaction score
Light mornings are easy ,it's the cold dark ones of December and January that I struggle with!

Philip

Reaction score
I love the idea of early morning but hate the reality of it.

If I can get myself up I really do enjoy it. Making an early start on the water when the sun is just coming up is great but its very hard to drag myself out of bed.

Its why I tend to focus more on fishing onto last light...thats allot more practical in my eyes plus I like the idea that your chances improve as the light fades rather than gets worse as the sun rises !

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I very rarely do early mornings (especially in winter) as I usually have my best results in the midday sun when things have warmed up or later in the day or even evening/night.
It's not natural to be forcing yourself out of bed early doors unless your just staggering to the toilet for a slash and then staggering back to your pit :).

steve2

Reaction score
I can’t remember the last time I got out early to go fishing. My fishing days never really start till 10am.
From the age of 12 I was up early doing bread or milk rounds before going off to school. Once I started work it was 5-30 every day, when I retired I took a job as a cleaner and for 8 years started at 4-30am. So 60 years later I think I now qualify for a few later starts.

floatfish

Reaction score
No problem whilst working whatever time I had to be up and about
I was.Things change over the years,now retired I go to the fishing day starts, when I get where I am going school of thought. You need to not bother going to bed to be first arrival on some of the places I fish. Even in mid summer some say that they arrive from 03-30 and fish till noon or so.! I take their word for the something silly o'clock
starts, as at that hour I am still in bed.

Last edited: