Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Do you have trouble rising early.

To go fishing that is. Personally I have never had a problem with getting up at ''silly o'clock''.
    But I have a couple of mates who are the devil's own job to rouse on any impending trip. I'm used to it now after forty odd years, but man it used to drive me batty, talk about shades of the walking dead.
    Do any of you guys suffer from this affliction, or have known someone who did?

Default Re: Do you have trouble rising early.

Nope, I can get up at anytime. Trouble I have is sleeping the night before a fishing trip.

Quote Originally Posted by rich66 View Post
    ..... Trouble I have is sleeping the night before a fishing trip.
    Ditto - I usually manage to fall asleep eventually - just when I've decided that there's no point in trying to get to sleep anymore! - might as well get up now and ......... zzzzzzz!

As above, I just can't get to sleep if I know I've got to be up early nowadays yet I spent years starting work at 5am and had no problems then. Still can wake up like a shot even with an hours sleep yet I become over tired and can't sleep the next night either, that's when the sleep dep kicks in and it's like you're on something.

I am a morning person full stop and find that I can accomplish so much more if I have an early start, whatever I am doing. Seem to go down hill after lunch though If I have a tedious chore i.e. paperwork, I stand much more chance of completing it if I get up before everyone else and make myself concentrate. If I start something late in the day, my concentration levels are poor to non-existent.
    By the time a man realizes his Father was right, he has a son who thinks he's wrong.

I used to struggle getting up when I was in my teens, but a lifetime of getting up for work at five thirty cured that. Even now when I'm retired I still wake up early. Now though if I'm not doing anything I will go back to bed till about seven.

If I'm fishing and it's a summers morning, I like to get up before the sun and get away really early. Best part of the day for me, no finer time to be out, wish I could get my mate to go then, if I want an early start I've to go on my own.🎣

binka Guest

I've always been an early morning riser, it's by far the best time of the day imo.

Like others have said I too often have problems getting to sleep the night before I'm going fishing

Blog Entries

I am up and about at just after 5am every day of my life.

I've never been able to stay in bed once my eyes are open and wife number two used to marvel at how it took me just a few seconds to wake and get out of bed.

For fishing days I have the opposite problem to be honest inasmuch as I cannot get to sleep the night before a fishing trip.

One of my old fishing buddies was hopeless and would still be in his bed when I arrived in the car to collect him. Grrrr

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

I didn't used to. As a teenager I used to get up in the dark, splash a bit of milk in a bowl to kid my mum I'd had breakfast, bike to the canal and be struggling to tackle up by the in the half-light. Now I need to be up a couple of hours, eat, mooch around a bit, get whatever gear together and then set off. Fortunately, I've discovered the evenings can be as productive as the mornings, but not quite, I agree, the same magical brand new feel. But at least it's home to a meal and a beer rather than feeling like a zombie after a dawn start. And one good thing about winter is that the best time tends to be 12 to 4 pm. Having said all that, now that I'm not having to get up for work, I'm really going to make an effort to get in more early starts.

Blog Entries

I've always been on the ball when it came to fishing. I also had a reputation for leaving folk that were still in bed.
    These days I am up with the first ring of my alarm, trouble is I have to wait for my wife who objects to a too early off, I manage to leave home at 8 o clock if it's dry.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast