Rodents and tackle

nottskev

Reaction score
I had a similar problem in the garage in a previous house. Tried cheese without a bite. A mate told me to cut 1cm cubes of Mars bar and use those. I was sceptical but he was right. One a chuck, as they say.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After leaving the the house for two weeks, I had some mice move in. Adopting a cat made them scarper. The cat never caught any but I have been told that it's the smell. I therefore rub the cat against the bait containers to make sure they have her odour. I not sure if you can borrow a cat temporary and if it would get rid of the mice for good?

That's nonsense :D, i've watched mice eat food out of ferrets food bowls only inches away from them sleeping in their cage loads of times!

paulas

Reaction score
had problems with mice once in the garage. traps with after eight mints stuck to them sorted them out :thumbs:

flightliner

Reaction score
Years ago a friend I carp fished with was using a chocalate malt flavoured addative in his boilies.
One day he rocked up on a gravel pit he was guesting me on near Newark and was eager to show me the damage that mice had done to his rods-- they had done major ruination to the duplon butts-- loads of it had been chewed away by mice.
I was upset for him naturally but could'nt help saying to imagine two tiny meeces back home telling their mom that they didnt need anything to eat has they'd had a good dinner of chocalate sponge pudding !.

re cats in the garden, yes, a real pain at times but last year I did the old farmers ploy of tying some polythene squares to some garden canes to waft in the wind about a foot above ground.
Not one piece of poo since!

Philip

Reaction score
i once bivved up by accident by a bit of river that was a capybara sanctuary. Open umbrella too, i woke up to find one staring at me face to face at bedchair height. :eek:

smudger172

Reaction score
Matt, I had the same problem and was advised to mix 25% tabasco sauce to 75% water and spray over the floor of the shed.. Works perfect...

bracket

Reaction score
Living in a rural area, as I do, field mice and on occasion rats, can be a problem. I had always used a combination of poison and snap traps, baited with chocolate or peanut butter, successfully. However, My Lady, being a sensitive thing, did not like the thought of using lethal type traps and suggested I used more humane ones. To satisfy her concerns I made three small box traps. These work fine and I was able to show her that the captives had not suffered at all. That was before I dropped the traps into a tub of water. Pete.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
That would help ! This time i bought a 36" net so i can roll it up and store in a plastic tube in rod bag !

was out there a couple hours ago and saw one ! little cretins ! Going to get more traps tomorrow

flightliner

Reaction score
Last week
I went into my garage to sort out my fishing gear and found the silvery trail of a slug in my rucky , not just there but all the way up my rod holdall and onto my made up rods n reels.They must have had a good time going round my spools as the line was pure silver and not browny green.
It reminded me of seeing a kid with a bad cold !
We used to call em silversleeves !.