Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Rodents and tackle

Does anyone else has problems with them and how have you combated this ?

Over the winter they have eaten 2 spoon nets , a un hooking mat and a groundbait bowl . To find at weekend they had eaten another net which I only used the week before .

Tried nets of the floor in roof of garage too .

Starting to get a bit pricey and I have several traps but not caught anything yet .

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Rodents and tackle

Get a cat.
    Ramblings about my attempts to catch fish and the search for the perfect sausage can be found at www.fishingforluckies.com

That's another sore subject , I think my garden the public rest room for the cats from the state of my boarders !

All tackle kept in the garage

binka Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fishing4luckies View Post
    Get a cat.
    Lol...

You beat me to it

I have two and they do a stirling job, I even get to inspect their catches in the living room before they cart them off and devour them in their secret outdoor dining area.

When I first moved in mice were a problem in the shed but there are none to be seen now and most that I see caught come from nearby fields.

Sorry to say this but the best bet is poison as the problem could get much worse. Rats/mice and houses just don't go well together. I knew there were rats in an old shed down the bottom of the garden last place I lived, left them alone and they soon spread to the loft of the house!

If you do use poison though it must be put in areas where cats and other wildlife cannot get to it.

Your obviously not setting your traps right....meeces are really easy to trap.

Rats aren't though, you'll get a couple and then they wise up

binka Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    Your obviously not setting your traps right....meeces are really easy to trap.
    Maybe these are more intellectual mice that would prefer the challenge of a board game as the method of their entrapment, It can get a little long winded though...

Sorry Matt, I know I'm not being much help here

If it's any consolation I'm off fishing soon and it will all stop very shortly.

Binka that made me chuckle ! Recently bought the new version for daughter who 8 and it's changed a lot build quality etc !

Fond memories playing it as a nipper

---------- Post added at 04:07 ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 ----------

Got little nipper traps used boilies , cheese , grapes and even chocolate!

Poison would be in the garage so be out harms way

Place three or four mouse traps in the garage baited with cheese or peanut butter. Put one in your damaged net. You will soon catch them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast