Korum digital scales help

associatedmatt

Reaction score
My scales are stuck on hold , there is a H in top left does anyone know how to get it off ?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seth49

Reaction score
Have not. had this problem, with mine, I would try removing the battery for a minute, to try and reset it, or change the battery.
If that doesn't work take it back to the tackle shop, were you bought it,and let the korum rep have a look, any thing of theirs, with a problem they usually replace, free of charge.?

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Thing is I do not have the receipt or the box as was bought for me as a birthday present but I can find out which shop they came from and try my luck .

chrissh

Reaction score
If it’s the battery supplied with the scales replace it. It might look new but no one knows how long it’s been in the shop. The battery could be old or corroded and not giving enough power… replace with a new battery

seth49

Reaction score
Yes that's the one, if you have a Lidl nr you they do a cheap one, nowt wrong with them either.

flightliner

Reaction score
I, was concerned about mine not being accurate after trying them with my wifes individual weights for the kitchen scales.
Back at the shop they had a set of scales behind the counter where they tried said kitchen weights , then against my korums .
Their scales and the kitchen weights tallied ok and the salesman said he would show them to the korum rep who was expected the following day-- that was nearly three weeks ago but not heard anything yet so I reckon I,d better give them a ring.
I must say its knocked my confidence in the brand.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I had a pair of these. Great for one season then the on/off button refused to work. Binned them. I now use quite cheap digitals and I must say they have been fantastic,take up no space at all. I have complete confidence in my "best" set which I've had for 3 years now.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I had a pair of these. Great for one season then the on/off button refused to work. Binned them. I now use quite cheap digitals and I must say they have been fantastic,take up no space at all. I have complete confidence in my "best" set which I've had for 3 years now.

Skippy, what make are the set you've had for three years?

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Been to tackle shop and have been replaced , if go again il get a different ones seem a few people have problems with them

flightliner

Reaction score
When I bought my sonic rods from chapmans in Scunthorpe they came with a set of digi scales that were unbranded. Looked online and it appears they are made for several companies, Shakespeare being one of them.
They appear to tally with the kitchen scale weights and likewise with the ones at the tackle shop so will use them in future.
A friend has a cheapish brand -- lineaffe-- that he swears by so both could be worth a look at.

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
Not quite off post ..... Don't leave the scales in the shed or where its gets freezing , like the car glove box.

Its my experience that the cold kills batteries.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
ah i always keep in tackle bag in garage , but never has issue with alarms in garage but i think il keep in the house

thanks

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Never had a battery problem with my scales and they stay in the bag all the time. Still on their first ones though I do carry spares. Newsome is the brand....not cheapo cheapo but I honestly cannot fault them. Think it was BFW that put me on these.

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
Never had a battery problem with my scales and they stay in the bag all the time. Still on their first ones though I do carry spares. Newsome is the brand....not cheapo cheapo but I honestly cannot fault them. Think it was BFW that put me on these.

You may be right, but what got me thinking on the cold killing thought was that my camera started showing the warnings of flat battery in the cold when piking even though I had checked them at home before leaving.

Might just be cameras though??

associatedmatt

Reaction score
I have rechargeable batteries for my camera and left my camera at parents house when was storing bits from a house move when left ex 3 years ago and came across it a month ago . A decent Nikon bridge camera which had only used a few times but the batteries was on 96% ! You can't moan at that ?!

S-Kippy

Reaction score
You may be right, but what got me thinking on the cold killing thought was that my camera started showing the warnings of flat battery in the cold when piking even though I had checked them at home before leaving.

Might just be cameras though??

Some people do seem to have problems with batteries, John. All I can say is that I never have...be that camera, scales or alarms. OK...you wont find me outside in really cold weather but I can only speak as I find.

These little Newsomes have been one of the best bits of kit I ever bought. Barely as big as a packet of fags, simple to operate and seem pretty accurate.Not suitable for weighing great big lumps on but plenty good enough for what I fish for.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just disconnecting and reconnecting the battery can often resolve software problems.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Didn't in my case but they replaced scales now and work fine when compared to some analogue ones