Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  45
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Are overnight sessions worth it ?

Never done overnight sessions before and a friend is asking me to join him . It's after tench mainly , it's a small gravel pit and I know dawn and dusk good tench times normally . But is it worth trying it if they don't feed much at night .

Lake has , small Carp ,Tench , Rudd , Perch and Roach in .

I don't have a Bivvy or brolly shelter thing just a big brolly but you can use bank sticks on sides and rest at a angle and remove centre pole .

Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Are overnight sessions worth it ?

My experience is that the fishing is best a few hours either side of dusk and dawn to be honest.

My night sessions therefore consist of arriving about mid afternoon and getting set up and feeding, then fishing until an hour or two after dark.

I then bring the rods in and get a few hours sleep and restart feeding and fishing a couple of hours before dawn.

This is just my way an I'm sure others will have different views.

Hope it helps . . . . .

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

I've bivvied up for several days in the past but you could count those sessions on one hand, i'm not to keen on jumping up to the obnoxious racket of a alarm.
    My normal overnight-er would be to fish it as normal sat in a chair using a night light attached to my float, bobbin or whatever if legering. Regarding fish feeding, it's hit and miss really and usually sporadic activity with various lengths of nothingness in between.
    On most of the waters i've ever fished (there is one that only fishes any good from dusk till dawn) the tench fishing has always been best during the daytime.
    For the majority of waters I think Peters post sounds spot on really.

Go for it Matt you won't catch anything staying at home on the pc tallking to us lot that's for sure.

binka Guest

Very much the same as has been mentioned already really.

I've sat behind alarms but I too prefer to stay up and watch a starlight but it can wreck me the following day for tiredness and so we now stick to a format similar to Peter's after finding that it's generally very quiet during the dead of night anyway.

A few hours around dusk and into nightfall and then it's rods in for a bit of a kip before getting up for the pre-dawn raid.

Perfect really as you're not drained the following day and everything's there and ready to just start fishing in the morning, having had the best of the previous evening too

Blog Entries

Shove that if I can't catch in the day there's no way I will risk being haunted.
    If you fish at night the bogey man will get you. If he doesn't the ghosts will.
    Last edited by rayner; 20-04-2017 at 14:51.

Used to do night fishing a lot in the 90's. Found it was more sleep fishing in a bivvy( more like camping )then came to my senses early start at around dawn for a few hours and/or the evening from just before dusk to around 11ish. Still, find i catch the same amount but i sleep in a warm bed now.
    Now and then i jump out of bed because ive dreamt that ive heard the buzzer going off.

The Artist's advice is good. If you don't try it you will not know.

Spend some time planning ahead, and if it is your first time make sure you arrive early enough to familiarise yourself with the swim and your surroundings.

I enjoy night fishing, generally a couple of nights at a time, but I am a solitary soul, somewhere quiet, out of the way.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    On most of the waters i've ever fished (there is one that only fishes any good from dusk till dawn) the tench fishing has always been best during the daytime.
    The same with the gravel pits and estate lakes I've fished Ian..............
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Thanks everyone , only thing it would be roughing it due to no bivvy . Under a brolly , have got a bed chair though , off a mate for £20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast