Kids

mikench

Reaction score
Yesterday I was sat on my expensive chair with all the bits surrounded by tackle with 3 rods and five reels( just in case:w) and all kinds of bait. I was using my new Hardy feeder and feeling just a little smug;) I would have felt more smug if I had caught a tench.

A car pulled up at about 3.00pm and two young lads jumped out one aged about 18 or so and the other(his little brother) about 12. They set up two small deck chairs and each had a rod and reel( Caperlan from Decathlon) and a tub of maggots and ground bait. The elder one decided to feeder fish in the peg next to me. He had a triangular shaped feeder with a 12 in hook length below it. He loaded so much ground bait on it that it resembled a rugby ball in size and shape. He cast it in with a gentle underhand lob. He immediately caught a small roach . He cast in again and after helping his younger brother set up the float rod, he reeled in and had caught a bream. It was only when he recast that I realised he had not refilled his feeder. Curious, I enquired about the ground bait he was using. He informed that to make it go further and last the entire session he made it very sticky by adding horlicks and some beaten eggs to the mix. I reckon you could have laid bricks with it:)

I watched him as I started to pack up and was amazed that his rugger ball shaped lump remained intact cast after cast. He was on his third bream when I left. Who needs fancy tackle and bait; he didnt:rolleyes:

Both lads were polite, pleasant and happy with their own company and equipment. They were also courteous and competent anglers. Kids get a bad name and sometimes rightly so but these two restored ones faith in the youth of today and could clearly teach me a thing or two!;)

flightliner

Reaction score
It's nice when you get youngsters nearby who know how to act in a nice pleasant manner.
Top marks to them and the folk they listened too.!

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Yesterday I was sat on my expensive chair with all the bits surrounded by tackle with 3 rods and five reels( just in case:w) and all kinds of bait. I was using my new Hardy feeder and feeling just a little smug;) I would have felt more smug if I had caught a tench.

A car pulled up at about 3.00pm and two young lads jumped out one aged about 18 or so and the other(his little brother) about 12. They set up two small deck chairs and each had a rod and reel( Caperlan from Decathlon) and a tub of maggots and ground bait. The elder one decided to feeder fish in the peg next to me. He had a triangular shaped feeder with a 12 in hook length below it. He loaded so much ground bait on it that it resembled a rugby ball in size and shape. He cast it in with a gentle underhand lob. He immediately caught a small roach . He cast in again and after helping his younger brother set up the float rod, he reeled in and had caught a bream. It was only when he recast that I realised he had not refilled his feeder. Curious, I enquired about the ground bait he was using. He informed that to make it go further and last the entire session he made it very sticky by adding horlicks and some beaten eggs to the mix. I reckon you could have laid bricks with it:)

I watched him as I started to pack up and was amazed that his rugger ball shaped lump remained intact cast after cast. He was on his third bream when I left. Who needs fancy tackle and bait; he didnt:rolleyes:

Both lads were polite, pleasant and happy with their own company and equipment. They were also courteous and competent anglers. Kids get a bad name and sometimes rightly so but these two restored ones faith in the youth of today and could clearly teach me a thing or two!;)
You should have pushed the little buggers in! All that money on tackle wasted, lol.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

thecrow

Reaction score
Always said that the fish don't know how much the tackle being used cost, If it does the job required of it that's all that matters imo, expensive tackle may be nice to own but it doesn't catch any more fish just more anglers ;)