It’s coming up to June 16th

chrissh

Reaction score
You don’t hear of people fishing for the Bleak – Rudd – Dace - Gudgeon so I was wondering if any of you on fishing magic want a friendly rod race sort of thing starting from June 16th until July 16th to see how Meany different fish we can catch in that time also it would give an idea in which part of the country we can still find and fish for different species

as Meany different species (any fish) canal & river only

Would there be any interest in doing this … Just a friendly thing on prices also we could post on here what we have caught

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
I draw the line at bleak, but I'll happily fish for the other three. Sadly, I don't know anywhere local that I realistically target rudd and gudgeon. Dace are another matter, as I have in the last year or two, I'll be spending more than the odd day chasing either good numbers of, or bigger, dace. I have posted about days chasing gonks and dace in the past.

chrissh

Reaction score
I draw the line at bleak, but I'll happily fish for the other three. Sadly, I don't know anywhere local that I realistically target rudd and gudgeon. Dace are another matter, as I have in the last year or two, I'll be spending more than the odd day chasing either good numbers of, or bigger, dace. I have posted about days chasing gonks and dace in the past.

I may have worded the post wrong … what I was trying to say is as Meany different species (any fish) from canals & rivers not targeting one or two spices the fish I mentioned was just for an example, and we could post on the forum what we have caught

Last edited:

rayner

Reaction score
As I understood the EA were dropping the close season, has that been changed or had I misunderstood something. AGAIN.

tilly05

Reaction score
This might motivate me to go out more!! However I have only ever seen trout and grayling around the hillsbrough area river Don.
Always wanted to fish the weir at meadowhall, maybe this seasons my chance!

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
I'll give it a whirl for a laugh .

Althou i will be avoiding the rivers for the first few days let the rush die down then i can pick the easier to reach swims as my walking is now getting pretty poor Grrrrrrrr :mad:

PG ...

skov

Reaction score
Great idea, sounds fun!
Is it worth starting a new thread for the results (possibly with a more descriptive title?)

Reaction score
I've posted this on a barbel thread as well,I arrived on the Gt.Ouse before 5am this morning,fished two swims and had a couple of chub raps on boilie,which I missed,at 9am 2 otters turned up and cavorted every square inch,I packed and walked back through overgrown paths,i'm feeling very unwell at the moment,bu$$ered in fact.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've just got back from the shops, picked up a couple of pints of maggots on my way past the tackle shop so if I do get the urge to go after I can....still undecided whether to bother or not.