How do i know where i'm able to fish?

shaundor1

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm a slightly new fishermen here! I'm trying and failing to figure out what legal documents i need to fish in rivers ect..

I want to fish the River ribble next to Walton-Le-Dale, United Kingdom on the right side and i can't figure out if i need to buy a day pass from someone or not!

Could anyone give me advice on how i find out these things? i know theres a "free" stretch apparently where darwin river meets the ribble but that area isn't as good as the area on the right of Walton-Le-Dale.

Could anyone advise please?

Thanks!
-Shaun:wh

shaundor1

Reaction score
Hello Thanks for the reply!

Yeah i found that also but it only gives me information about the area which isn't that great, nore does it have many good fishing spots that are accessible

I'm trying to find information about the river further up stream, east of walton-le-dale :)

Thanks!
-Shaun

slaphead

Reaction score
Wigan & District have fishing on the Ribble at Red Scar Wood, Elston.

Warrington Anglers Association have about a mile and a half near Ribchester.

Ribchester and District have some also, and day tickets are available from The Spar in the centre of the village.

I hope this helps.

Jim

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
You must have local tackle shop(s) in the area close to you, or even a number of Angling clubs, that should be able to offer you up to date info, and in my opinion this is always a good place to begin your search.
Stand in any tackle shop on a Saturday morning and many passing anglers would probably offer guidance. If all else fails, walk the stretch on a Sat/Sun morning and you are likely to encounter fisherman who could help you, or even a match going on.

Basically it will come down to how much effort you are prepared to put in, but one thing is for sure, you will not find out anything worthwhile unless you get out and look!!

It might be necessary to join a club to gain access, but the outlay would probably be repaid by access to quality waters.............

Good luck, anyway!!

shaundor1

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm greatful for your replies!

It's given me some insight into what i can do, i've contacted a few places via email and i think i'll go for another walk tomorrow see if i can spot any fishermen!

Thanks everyone :)

-Shaun

seth49

Reaction score
Waters
The above club has the fishing on the Walton le dale side of the river there, I would avoid the Preston side of the river, it's not safe on your own, there's some really dodgy people down there. Chap I know got mugged down there, they knocked him out and stole his tackle,money, and phone. It was a bit further up the river but not much.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm a slightly new fishermen here! I'm trying and failing to figure out what legal documents i need to fish in rivers ect..

I want to fish the River ribble next to Walton-Le-Dale, United Kingdom on the right side and i can't figure out if i need to buy a day pass from someone or not!

Could anyone give me advice on how i find out these things? i know theres a "free" stretch apparently where darwin river meets the ribble but that area isn't as good as the area on the right of Walton-Le-Dale.

Could anyone advise please?

Thanks!
-Shaun:wh

Walking the banks isn't such a good idea as a lot of river banks are private.
You'd be as well popping into Ted Carters angling shop in Preston and have a chat with the staff in there, they'll tell you where you can and can't fish....where's day ticket fishing etc.

shaundor1

Reaction score
Waters
The above club has the fishing on the Walton le dale side of the river there, I would avoid the Preston side of the river, it's not safe on your own, there's some really dodgy people down there. Chap I know got mugged down there, they knocked him out and stole his tackle,money, and phone. It was a bit further up the river but not much.

Wow really? That's horrible! Really puts a damper on the experience people are looking for :/

I've got a few friends coming with me so it should be fine but i'll keep this in mind in the future thank you for this, did they end up catching the culprits?

I'm checking out the club now thanks for letting me know! :D

---------- Post added at 03:17 ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 ----------

Walking the banks isn't such a good idea as a lot of river banks are private.
You'd be as well popping into Ted Carters angling shop in Preston and have a chat with the staff in there, they'll tell you where you can and can't fish....where's day ticket fishing etc.

Yeah i think this would be a smart move i'll give them a ring and see what gets said thanks!