Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New chair, please help!

I am in for a new chair. I never had "proper" fishing chair, always used those foldable camping chairs but broke too many of them and want to get something more solid, something that can last.

I am in between these (ordered by preference):

Madfish Instinct Carp Chair
    JRC Contact Chair With Arms
    JRC Contact Chair With Arms 2016 Model

Do you have any tips/opinions? First one is almost 2kg lighter than the other two, which is important for me, but doesnt have arm rests (I dont know if that would matter to me)

Are chairs like these actually necessary? any other options? I am NOT a carp junkie, I do go carping from time to time, but usually am in for other species, definitely not going after big fish. But I do go fishing for long days whenever I can (early morning til late evening) so want something comfortable to sit on.
    Last edited by tomino2112; 28-07-2017 at 05:39.

Default Re: New chair, please help!

In my opinion a fishing chair should have 4 adjustable legs with mud feet, not be too heavy and should not have arms, they just get in the way. I have recently bought a new chair from Angling Direct which seems to be ok, it is there 'own make' and cost £40.

Quote Originally Posted by peterjg View Post
    In my opinion a fishing chair should have 4 adjustable legs with mud feet, not be too heavy and should not have arms, they just get in the way. I have recently bought a new chair from Angling Direct which seems to be ok, it is there 'own make' and cost £40.
    Link for madfish chair got messed up, i have updated it now. That chair seems to fit what you described, can you have a look at it. 40 pounds is more than i wanted to pay

Tomino, you need to able able to actually sit on a chair to see if it ok, good luck.

If you can't get to see any chairs the madfish looks ok

Check the seat pad itself make sure it doesn't have a front bar. It won't be comfortable for long hours sitting if it has.
    Personally I think arms would be in the way and adjustable feet are a must.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbean1 View Post
    If you can't get to see any chairs the madfish looks ok
    None of those in my local tackle shop im afraid, and all they have is 50 pounds +. I am thinking to order the madfish and if no good return it.

Quote Originally Posted by rich66 View Post
    Check the seat pad itself make sure it doesn't have a front bar. It won't be comfortable for long hours sitting if it has.
    Personally I think arms would be in the way and adjustable feet are a must.
    I cannot find any information about the madfish having adjustable feet, it days something about that mudfeet auto-adjust (?) but no more info

All of the above ! You get what you pay for in terms of robust build for all kinds of terrain. If you will always have to carry it a distance then weight is an important factor. My view from my limited experience and preferences is that you need potentially two ! One that is comfortable, strong and adaptable for a full day( read adjustable legs, mud feet, capable of taking attachments etc) and another lighter one for shorter sessions, roving and awkward river and lake banks.

I have yet to get the very light one but have a Korum accessory chair( brilliant but not light) and a brand new Kodex Robo chair with all the bits. Earlier posts explain what happened to the original which was replaced free of charge !

The former is 6 kilos and the latter is 4.8. Most chairs are between these two but some are much lighter. The JRC Stealth is good and comes in at around 3 kilos. Another I like is the Trakker RLX Nano ( I think) at 2.6 kilos. I think the latter may be on Santa's list or the Korum extra lite as both will fit on my ruckbag.

A spare chair will always be useful!

Re ^^^

I understand what you saying but definitely dont need two chairs. I dont see the need for attachments either dont really mind to stand up. Actually I tend to stand a lot as I do lot of float fishing and jig fishing so am on my feet often, just looking for something light that I can take my load off in breaks or when doing some (light) carping.

I tend to go for long sessions to commercials so rough terrain is not huge concern as most of them have comfy pegs. For rough terrain around rivers and such I pretty much never sit down (usually much shorter sessions) and if I do so I sit on the ground, def would not drag chair with me.

As I said I am used to sitting on camping chairs which get quite uncomfortable after whole day, so I am pretty sure any proper chair will be like sitting on a cloud for me.

Those chairs you mentioned around 3kg sound very interesting though, need to google them asap when im at the pc. Hearing the brands though i am afraid they will be out of my price range

Default New chair, please help!

Just to give you an idea mines only a cheaper one £20 but it's lasted a season and a half with no signs of wear, no adjustable back rest, but it's stopped my bad back from sitting on a seat box hunched over.
    Carptrix Fishing Chair https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009XR7G..._LdVEzb7BGCWXQ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast