Mixing pellets and groundbait

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pond water or Corporation pop and why?:)

Corpy pop, because you can do it at home if you want to ;) :cool:. Despite all the nonsense people spout abut it not tasting the same as the pond water....neither do the pellets etc that are mixed in it :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I tend to use water from the venue,mainly because i'd rather hump the dry ingredients than the tap water as well...;)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So much of this is a confidence thing, I go for a third option, water from the garden butt.

Reaction score
I take it your not mixing 2-5 kgs at a time then.;)

mikench

Reaction score
I am not certainly! I have always carried water in my car from the days of having a dog so I mix it at the peg usually if not at home !

sagalout

Reaction score
I mix on the bank. Once the chair is set up and the side trays are on, open the tackle bag get the pellets and groundbait out and deal with it. The pellets are covered in water for 10 to 20 seconds and drained. Groundbait (which is liquidise pellet) is mixed in a round washing up bowl from poundland.

Pellets given a stir every few minutes to make sure the damp is well distributed, it they start to feel a bit dry small amounts of water are added and stirred in.

rayner

Reaction score
I mix GB at home because I want a mix that stays on the bottom, If it's mixed on the bank it's not inert enough for me. Especially if it includes crushed hemp, a favourite of mine in GB.
Pellets, I don't soak now unless I'm feeder fishing. Feeder pellets are wetted down on the bank.
Feed pellets are coated in oil to make the micros and 4s sink. Spanders I do on the bank.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
When using pellet I damp them down at the waterside using river or lake water, it takes little time and is one of the firs jobs I do when setting up.

My ground baits I tend to mix at home in more controlled environment as I take a lot of time over the mixing and sieving etc., so much better to be done at home.