Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gove it or love it?

Michael Gove has caused consternation in the fishing industry by saying that European boats will continue to be able to operate in British waters after Brexit. The Environment Secretary said EU fishermen would be allowed to catch "large amounts" because the British fleet is to small to catch them all.

The I paper 4th August.

Default Re: Gove it or love it?

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    Michael Gove has caused consternation in the fishing industry by saying that European boats will continue to be able to operate in British waters after Brexit. The Environment Secretary said EU fishermen would be allowed to catch "large amounts" because the British fleet is to small to catch them all.

The I paper 4th August.

That really is ridiculous .

if I get involved with this I'm going to blow a gasket so I'll stop here by saying;Gove, once an arse,always an arse,the bloke has been a failure big time.

Why is the British fleet too small to catch them all because of the catch rotos forced on them by the Uk government. Hence the fleet has got smaller losing money every time they go out. Least Nigel Farage was fighting for them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iain t View Post
    rotos forced on them by the Uk government
    And the EU, nowt like looking after your own eh and this is nothing like looking after your own the blokes a twit (replace I with a )
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

It might be small at the moment but there could well be a lot of French and Spanish boats going cheap soon.

Gove saying not only that we cannot catch the fish, but we don't have the people to gut the fish etc, to process the fish. People want good paying work, people can be trained and industry built up. We had a complete industry
    before the Politicians sold them down the River on joining the E.U in the 1970's.

Gove seems to know little about anything to do with reality, and the real
    world.

binka Guest

Personally I've little time for Gove or anything that comes out of his largely indistinguishable upper orifice.

Who on earth would manipulate their own father for the sake of personal development?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ssing-aberdeen

The picture's a corker!

Still, if it all served a purpose in his own personal development then that's what counts

The thing that gets me is how much coverage the industry gets.

Someone may correct me here but I believe the pleasure / sport side of angling generates far more money & employees allot more people than the trawling one does yet its the trawlers that seem to always be the ones making the noise and news headlines.

If they cant catch all the fish then let us have a go. Double my 4 rod limit and I'll be hauling em in !
    Last edited by Philip; 04-08-2017 at 21:30.

It was just a little snippet but it says a lot. For one most of the commercial fishermen voted out along with Gove's wishes, talk about a stab in the back but he has form in this. And it's the must get all of the fish at all cost sort of mentality from an "Environment Minister" when the world is trying to conserve fish stocks that just shows a complete lack of understanding of his position.
    Or does it!! He is not entirely stupid, supposed to be one of the great intellectual politicians of our time! I have always thought they might negotiate the fishing rights away from the beginning and this statement could be just the first of a softening us all up process for when they do.

This has all been discussed behind closed doors, I bet ya.
    Last edited by markg; 05-08-2017 at 09:26.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast