Crushed hemp?

dicky123

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone knew if the stuff they sell as crushed hemp is cooked first or raw?

Thanks.

mikench

Reaction score
I have tried it mixed with pellet and as it appeared to be dry husks I assumed it was dried and perhaps cooked first! I cannot say whether it made any difference or not to the catch!:)

stillwater blue

Reaction score
It's raw. If you're making it yourself dry fry the whole hemp first and then grind, it has a stronger smell

Last edited:

rayner

Reaction score
Do you know I've used it for years and I'm not sure if its cooked or not, either way it's a favourite for me.
If I'm adding it to ground bait I soak it the day before so it's not active. I also add water to it for cupping in, it gives a white cloud in the water, best in shallow water.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone knew if the stuff they sell as crushed hemp is cooked first or raw?

Thanks.

It can be either I think ****y . . . . Sensas did (or maybe still do) Grilled Crushed Hemp that had been dry grilled and then crushed.

Other manufacturers do a dry crushed version . . . .

In my experience the grilled crushed hemp seemed to be more active and was more popular where I was fishing for roach, Chub and Vederbuk . . .

dicky123

Reaction score
I happen to have a sack, so may try crushing it for ground bait. Added to a winter roach ground bait, i think it would use some up, but also be a hit.