Has FM added anything for you?

bracket

Reaction score
I have only been on the forum for about three years and I find it a nice place to be. When reading the comments of other anglers you inevitably learn something new or rediscover things you've long forgotten. I don't start many threads but when I have some input I post replies to threads, which I try to make coherent and constructive. Think I've made a friend or two on the way, I hope. So, yes the Forum works for me and long may it continue.Pete.

mikench

Reaction score
I really enjoy this forum. If someone had said that from November 2015 to date I would have posted over 3000 posts I would have thought they were mad!:)

I do not do twitface and avoid linked in! I have had some experience of other forums for other activities and not really enjoyed the experience . There were few if any members I felt an affinity with and doubt I would have wanted to meet any of them! On this forum I feel that many contributors are friends and I have enjoyed the company of three members! I have learned a great deal and continue to do so.

If I may say so I feel that there is a greater degree of intelligence, literary ability and friendliness than on many other forums and long may it continue!;)

Last edited:

The bad one

Reaction score
Someone asked about the history and things that went on, this is a sample of it, but can't remember whether it was Barbel Wars 1 or 2? Sneaky feeling this was 2 but both were as acrimonious as each other so doesn't really matter. There were many like this around the date back to 1996 when I joined FM

Enjoy :D:D:D Barbel Wars

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
FM has been a very useful source of help and information over the few years i have been a member .

I have met a couple of people would like to meet more but that is a product of loaction as much as anything else .

Keep up the good work Team @ FM .

PG ...

john step

Reaction score
The bad one;1432693There were many like this around the date back to 1996 when I joined FM Enjoy :D:D:D [URL="https://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/barbel-fishing/36013-barbel-wars.html" said:
Barbel Wars[/URL]

What a load of twaddle. It sure has improved then:)

shane99

Reaction score
This is the thinking fishermans forum & I look most days for a thread that I can contribute to but whos interested in choosing the right size swivel for the occasion ?

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Mark Wintle and I regularly traded articles a few years back. Marks were informative, mine were twaddle, although in my defence I had to make all mine up, Mark's job was easier as he had experience and expertise to reference. I think the site is missing people willing to put in that effort for basically no reward.

fishplate42

Reaction score
Mark Wintle and I regularly traded articles a few years back. Marks were informative, mine were twaddle, although in my defence I had to make all mine up, Mark's job was easier as he had experience and expertise to reference. I think the site is missing people willing to put in that effort for basically no reward.

Things have moved on a bit now. I write all my fishing experiences down, record every visit and share all sorts of fishing related stuff such as bait recipes, things I have discovered, tackle repairs, home made tools, rigs and so on, all on my blog. Primarily it is written as a personal record, but as it is public, anyone can read it. It is not just about my fishing trips, it covers anything I do that is fishing related.

The bait recipes and the post I made about mending a pole section have had hundreds of hits so somebody must be reading them!

I enjoy writing and taking pictures. If I was not writing my blog, I would probably be writing articles. I get no financial reward from writing my blog, it is not really about that. If someone reads it and gets something out of it, that is just a bonus.

Fishing is a hobby for me, my reward is the fun of doing it - all of it.

Ralph.

Philip

Reaction score
In its early days under Graham Marsden it was brilliant I dont mean this as any disrespect to the current editorial team but thars how i see it. There was a really good feeling and some amazing names dropped in from time to time...Miles, Ball and so on i think even Jim Gibbinson posted once. It then went through a bit of a decline around Barbel wars time and i lost some interest but it picked up again after.
The thing that has remained fairly constant and one of the reasons i come here is because for the most part it civil. Its never degraded into a site with people f-ing and blinding all over the place. People debate hard but fair and there is an amazing knowledge base here. Like allot of the current members i have fished a long time but i still learn new things here and people are very willing to explain something' within reason of course...ask for the GPS reference to an exact swim and you might struggle for a reply,and with good reason! From time to time there are posters who come along who seem.to want to cause some trouble but they usually get pulled up by the majority and that puts them off and keeps things friendly.

The lack of new regular contributers has a good and bad side. Of course its good to have new people sharing views but a smaller number also means you get a more close and friendly aspect to it.

The site technology is awful. The image posting is awful, we all know it. I think Niel Maidenment once set out the costing to rectify it, it was only about 500 quid.

I really dont like the new buttons either. I just hit thanks again by accident i think. On a mobile device its almost impossible to avoid hitting the wrong buttons.

Come on editorial team - its clear no one wants these new buttons!

---------- Post added at 08:34 ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 ----------

Footnote : Yes i just thanked fishplates post by accident. Sorry fishplate!

fishplate42

Reaction score
The thing that has remained fairly constant and one of the reasons i come here is because for the most part it civil. Its never degraded into a site with people f-ing and blinding all over the place.

I agree totally, that is why I moved here.

Footnote : Yes i just thanked fishplates post by accident. Sorry fishplate!
That's okay, I think... :D

Ralph.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is the thinking fishermans forum & I look most days for a thread that I can contribute to but whos interested in choosing the right size swivel for the occasion ?

People who use swivels....in'it :p :D

mikench

Reaction score
Shane99 what is your recommended hooklength when fishing at distance using a light ( 19gm) elasticated straight lead and a large pellet/ boilie on a hair rig?::rolleyes:

What is the optimum length of the hair and do you use Korda extends stops?;)

have you ever used a two foot long float?

Hopefully one of the above will interest you a little:D:rolleyes: