Would you want to.

browndog

Reaction score
I like catching Carp fishing, but carp attract carp anglers.

Philip

Reaction score
I love Carp. Brilliant fish. Adaptable, robust, provide great sport, big enough to get the pulse racing and pull back a bit. Saving the tackle imdustry single handedly. Saving waters from being lost to angling altogether single handedly. Bringing more new people into the sport than any other fish.

Add to this the brilliant mixed fisheries springing up as a result of Carp...Huge Perch, Roach, Eels, Bream, Rudd, Tench all thriving in Carp waters, fish that had it not been for Carp wouldnt even have had a puddle to swim in.

No wonder more people want to fish for them than anything else.

Philip

Reaction score
Just how did we go from owning your own fishery to an anti carp post?

Yes that was my question as well Steve.

I think it stems from crafty old Derrick crowbarring in a Carp nugget again (post 22) ....he does like to throw a bone in there from time to time and then sit back to watch the rest of us fight over it.

Good man I say ! ....forum would be allot more boring if he didnt & we all agreed all the time :)

Plus lets face it ...Carp are so popular they get everyone talking. I doubt if he tried the same about Pike it would get more than a couple of posts...old Esox is just too boring for most people I guess.;):D

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
Philip;1433386.old Esox is just too boring for most people I guess.;):D[/QUOTE said:
Thank goodness for that. I wouldn't like to see more anglers where I want to fish in the winter:D:D:D:D:D

rayner

Reaction score
I would really like to be able to afford my own water. not for anyone else such as selected friends, for ME alone.
I always fish alone now and see no reason to change that.

I'm sure other anglers would never want to bother with my venue, it would be stuffed with Roach and Crucians with none of the normal commercial stock in sight.
No F1s no Ide and definitely no Carp
I would appreciate the solitude, not something you get on commercials.
Where I fish it's stuffed with a mix of all sorts, decent fishing but the road that runs up the side of the pond is like the M1 all day with voyeurs/lurkers spying on normal folk that just fish.

mikench

Reaction score
My lake would be big enough not to become too easy and thus boredom inducing , say 12 acres or so. It would have tench, roach , Rudd, crucians and and and those ubiquitous Abyssinian tench!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Philip,

I am crestfallen that you should think I would try to liven the site up with such a devious ploy.

And old Esox boring, now that is provocative, in fact it's downright inflammatory. Sir I demand an apology,lol.

Philip

Reaction score
Of course i'm kidding...Pike..truth be told i love em to bits too..the problem is i dont get many opportunites to fish for them nowadays as baits and lures more likly to be grabbed by a Wels were i am. You would have a field day bagging moggies with your lure skills i am sure.

Last edited: