Where to get spare spools

tomino2112

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a travel rod that came with Daiwa Sweepfire 2000-2B reel. I would like to be able to switch between at least two lines (heavy braid & light mono) quickly on the go. Obviously having spare spool spooled with either would be the easiest thing, problem is that I cannot find that darn spool anywhere.

I have found some spare spools for Daiwa reels for sale non of them for this reel and all around 50 pounds?!

Looking at ebay I could buy same reel for 17 pounds, but it seems to be a waste to buy whole reel just for the spare spool.

Any tips where to find spare spool for sale? Does it have to be specifically for this reel or can I fit other spools on it? I assume I cannot fit other sizes, only 2000, but maybe 2000 from other reels?

sam vimes

Reaction score
Daiwa Spools - Fishing Spares

The Sweepfire spools are not listed. However, give them a ring for a price and availability.

Failing that, you're probably going to have to contact Daiwa direct. Don't be shocked if the price of a spare is approaching that of a full reel, or more. As ridiculous as it seems, that's often the way at the lower end of the spectrum.

Contact us | daiwasports.co.uk

B

binka

I think I would be inclined to give Daiwa a ring just to compare their direct prices, even if you do find your spools elsewhere.

I've always found their parts department really helpful and when I bought spare spools for my Emcasts they gave me a nice discount without even asking, iirc they came in at around £12.50 a spool and that's for metal.

trotter2

Reaction score
Just buy another reel.it will probably be almost the same price by the time the postage is added on.
Two reels both the same is an advantage you can have two set ups with interchangeable spool systems.
It makes it nice and easy and you always have a spare mate.

steve2

Reaction score
Spares can be very expensive I wanted a new handle for one of my reels and was quoted £50. That was a more than a third of the price of a new reel.